We are looking for a consulting nurse to join our supportive and progressive team at the 24-hour centre in Alfreton. We are open to both full and part-time applications as the role could be worked in the mornings, making it more suited to childcare hours.
Strong mentorship and support will be available to help you develop your career and get the most satisfaction from your job. You'll be free to devote all of your time to looking after your clients and patients.
As a full-time role, you would be working 40 hours per week with a 1:8 weekend rota.
Starting Salary of £30,000 PA (Pro-rata for part-time)
- - Relocation package of up to £2000
- - £750 CPD allowance plus 2 days paid leave
- - RCVS and VDS fees paid
- - Pension Scheme
- - Access to a large amount of in-house CPD, including a head nurse training scheme
- - 25 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays
- - Ongoing training and fantastic career progression opportunities
- - 24-hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
- - Hapibenefits - Exclusive retail, days out, and holiday discounts available
- - Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- - Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
Your average day will include a variety of nursing clinics, supporting our vets with their caseload, and developing our nurse clinic offering. Full support will be provided as you will work closely within our experienced team.
You must have a passion for delivering outstanding client and patient care and enjoy working in a supportive working environment. You'll have a friendly and positive attitude and want to progress and expand your knowledge and skills further.
Within our Alfreton Park Vet Hospital, you will be working as part of a large, driven team of ten vets, twelve nurses, and five receptionists.
Our dedicated and dynamic team of nurses and receptionists works alongside a team of vets, many of whom are certificate holders or are in the process of gaining them, specialising in dermatology, surgery, internal medicine, emergency & critical care, and ophthalmology.
The practice is well-equipped with six consult rooms, separate dog and cat wards, three sterile theatres, separate suites for diagnostics, dental facilities, digital x-ray, two staff rooms, and much more.
Our hospital works to high standards throughout and is dedicated to delivering amazing client and patient care.