We are looking for a Clinical Director to join our team. Day to day duties involve acting in the role of clinical lead, consulting and operating and handling clinical complaints. Ideally you will have a good understanding of financial aspects of running a veterinary clinic including but not limited to profit and loss, budgets, and stock. The role ideally would be five days per week, but four days would be considered. Hours are between 08:30 and 19:00. There is no weekend or out of hours requirements with this role. Salary up to £70,000 DOE.
Shield Veterinary Centre is across two sites, one in Hedge End between Portsmouth and Southampton and one in the beautiful medieval village of Bishop's Waltham home to a famous medieval palace. The clinics are well equipped with ultrasound, digital radiography, digital dental radiography, endoscopy and Idexx laboratory machines (Catalyst and Procyte). We have two consulting rooms at each site and dedicated theatres.
However, the best thing about our clinic is not our equipment, it is our fantastic team, our veterinary surgeon team consists of great clinicians from 3 years qualified to 36 years qualified, a superb nursing team to support, a great Practice Manager and team of support staff to match.
If you like walking and cycling, there is no place better than the New Forest, more into paddle boarding? We have excellent rivers to do so and the ocean!
An experienced Veterinary Surgeon or Clinical Director is required with management experience and knowledge of veterinary finance being highly desirable. RCVS membership and right to work in the UK is essential.
Work life balance
- 7.6 amount of holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Relocation allowance up to £5000
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
Please use BH5864 as a reference when applying for this role.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.