Head Veterinary Surgeon position at our beautiful clinic in the heart of West London, Very flexible rota.
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward-thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium-sized first opinion practices, four large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 330 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your role and responsibilities
Our beautiful clinic in the heart of West London, a short walk from Notting Hill is looking for a new vet to lead this small but special site. You’ll work with a welcoming team and a dedicated client base to provide excellent, kind and personal clinical care to the area’s pets. This role will allow you to be involved with a range of medical and surgical cases, as well seeing a good dose of puppies and kittens to brighten your days. You will have support from our Village Vet Hampstead branch and London Veterinary Specialists to mean that you can develop clinically but achieve a great work-life balance too. The practice is equipped with digital and dental x-ray, operating theatre and a wonderfully renovated waiting room, as well as access to ultrasound and endoscopy for any cases that need this. We want people to love the practice they join and as such are looking to structure the role around the right candidate.
- Patient/Clinical care - Delivering a high level of clinical care to standards in conjunction with the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme
- Client care - The delivery of client satisfaction to an exceptional level as defined by Village Vet. This includes making all your interactions with clients fully focused on delivering value, exceptional service and warmth to the clients
- Teamwork– Working within the team, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times.
- Salary starting from £65,000 depending on experience
- Village Vet bonus scheme
- Great rota
- Certifications encouraged and funding available
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + birthday leave
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- External CPD funded
- Extensive free online Linnaeus CPD program
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced equal family leave
- Wellness program including:
- Employee assistance program
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free annual flu jab
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Recruitment referral reward scheme.
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 veterinary health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
If you would like to apply for this position or would simply like to discuss in a little more detail – please contact email@example.com or complete the application form below.