An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join the friendly team at our Quarrington practice, located in a well-equipped, purpose-built building.
The successful candidate must be clinically competent and a confident leader & mentor who can help guide the team through the future development of the clinic and wider region. You will be supported in your role locally by the Area Manager and Regional Director plus the wider team at the support centre.
The role will be both clinically and management focused, therefore a high clinical standard and organisation are a must. The successful applicant must be people-focused and strive to develop an inclusive culture ensuring the needs of the team are met as well as providing a great service to our clients.
This is a permanent full-time role working a four-day week with 1:3 Saturdays or 1:6 full weekends. Alternative rota patterns would be considered for the right candidate.
Salary package of up to £77,369 PA, including:
- - Accommodation allowance
- - Company vehicle or vehicle allowance
- - CPD Allowance
- - Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVA fees
- - Relocation package of up to £2000
- - 3 days paid CPD leave per year
- - 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays per annum
- - 4 day week plus 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekend
- - Pension scheme
- - Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
- - Funded Certificate opportunities
- - Annual pay reviews
- - Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
- - Colleague purchase scheme
- - Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- - Hapibenefits – Receive a range of discounts on your shopping, entertainment, and meals out
- - 24-hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
As the main centre within the Quarrington region, there are exciting development plans for the practice and you can be involved in helping shape the future of the clinic. This will be a very rewarding role for the successful candidate and future progression to branch partnership is also available.
We can also support certificates of sponsorship for a tier 2 (general) visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
- - Provide high standards of clinical care to your clients and patients
- - Provide direction and leadership to colleagues in practice
- - Be responsible for the financial and operational performance of your practice and overall team performance and engagement
- - Drive and deliver exceptional clinical standards in your practice and empower your team to do the same
- - Drive and deliver the commercial performance of the practice and ensure your practice colleagues are all aware of what is required and support all to achieve
You will have support from your Area Manager and Regional Director to assist, develop and guide you in your role.
Skills and experience:
- - You must be a qualified veterinary surgeon to apply for this position
Quarrington is in a rural location on the outskirts of Sleaford, which has good train and road links to Nottingham, Lincoln, and London. Medivet Quarrington is a lovely purpose-built practice, with large prep and theatre areas that consist of 2 dedicated sterile theatres, a non-sterile theatre, and a dedicated X-ray room. We hope to expand to CT or MRI in the future. There are also separate dogs, cats, and exotic wards.
You will be joining 3-4 other vets at the practice who hold a certificate in surgery and emergency medicine and surgery. They are also working towards their imaging and dermatology certificates. These vets work alongside a team that currently consists of a head nurse, a student nurse, an RVN, a patient care assistant, and a client care assistant.