An exciting opportunity has arisen for a veterinary surgeon to join our practice based in Hucknall.
This practice, close to the Peak District and Nottingham city, is a perfect opportunity for a veterinary surgeons who would like to expand their skillset. The practice has close ties with the main hub practice with access to MRI, CT, and experienced surgeons. You will be joining a very experienced team at Hucknall, giving you the opportunity for clinical development.
This is a permanent full or part-time role working 4 days a week with either 1:3 Saturdays or 1:6 full weekends.
Salary package of up to £62,369 PA, Including:
- - Accommodation allowance
- - Company vehicle or vehicle allowance
- - CPD allowance
- - Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVA fees
- - Relocation package of up to £2000
- - 3 days paid CPD leave per year
- - 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays per annum
- - 4-day week plus 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekend
- - Pension scheme
- - Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
- - Funded Certificate opportunities
- - Annual pay reviews
- - Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
- - Colleague purchase scheme
- - Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- - Hapibenefits – Receive a range of discounts on your shopping, entertainment, and meals out
- - 24-hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
As a qualified MRCVS, you’ll already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You’ll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working in sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values of being trustworthy, caring, and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively, and building trusting relationships with your colleagues and clients.
Further education and development of colleagues are actively encouraged and certificates can be supported for the successful candidate.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK. With current Covid19 regulations, we will offer relocation and quarantine support for entering the UK.
Skills and experience:
- - You must be a Veterinary Surgeon registered with the RCVS to apply for this position
Hucknall's practice consists of a four vet team, one of which has a certificate in surgery supported by a large team of support staff. The practice is fully equipped including a separate operating theatre, digital x-ray, ultrasound, and endoscopy with access to MRI and CT scanner at our orthopaedic referral clinic - Referrals East Midlands.