We are currently looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team at Biscot Mill Vet Centre in Luton, Bedfordshire. This is a part-time role working 30 hours per week Monday to Wednesday (negotiable), 1 in 3 Saturday mornings and no out of hours. The successful candidate will be working alongside a team of 3 or 4 other Veterinary Surgeons in a one-site practice. Salary range £40,000 - £52,000 DOE.
We are a friendly team who love a curry night out, cakes, and drinking hot tea. Being in Luton we are close to the airport and fast links to London. We have a wide range of clients and aim to offer flexible treatment options for all budgets. We have the usual gadgets such as x-ray and ultrasound, plus tonopen, dental x-ray, multiparameter and bair hugger.
We currently have 5 Veterinary Surgeons working a mixture of full-time and part-time, including one who holds a PgC in small animal surgery. All our Veterinary Surgeons are superbly supported by a team of 3 (soon to be 4) Registered Veterinary Nurses, 2 Student Veterinary Nurses and 2 Veterinary Care Assistants. Our new team member will be supported, and in turn support other members of the team, promoting wellbeing and a positive work environment.
The successful candidate must be MRCVS registered. We welcome applications from certificate holders and candidates with all levels of experience. Our ideal candidate will be a team player, who enjoys a mix of surgery and consultation time.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata
· Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
· CPD paid days and allowance
· L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
· Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
· Private Medical Insurance
· BVA Membership paid
· VDS cover
· Birthday leave
· Discounted veterinary fees
· Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
· Cycle to Work scheme
· Service-related company sick pay
· Sponsorship for overseas employees
· Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
· Relocation packages
· Career progression opportunities
· Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process. If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To submit your application click the apply button.