A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a small animal veterinary surgeon to join the fantastic team based at our mixed animal practice in Matlock, Derbyshire.
Applicants for this role will be expected to only cover the small animal daytime work.
As a qualified MRCVS, you’ll already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You’ll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working in sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values of being trustworthy, caring, and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively and empathetically, such as good communication skills, mediation experience, and the ability to share knowledge and lead by being an outstanding, positive example to others.
This is a permanent, full, or part-time position working a 4-day week with a weekend and bank holiday rota.
Branch partnership and lead vet opportunities are also available.
Salary package of up to £59,869 PA, plus a signing bonus of £5000*, including:
- - Accommodation allowance
- - Company vehicle or vehicle allowance
- - CPD allowance
- - Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVA fees
- - Relocation package of up to £2000
- - 3 days paid CPD leave per year
- - 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays per annum
- - 4-day week plus 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekend
- - Pension scheme
- - Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
- - Funded Certificate opportunities
- - Annual pay reviews
- - Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
- - Colleague purchase scheme
- - Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- - Hapibenefits – Receive a range of discounts on your shopping, entertainment, and meals out
- - 24-hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
Medivet is growing rapidly and it is an exciting time to join us - we encourage growth and development within your role and are truly committed to helping our Medivet family members achieve their goals.
Skills and experience:
- - You must be an RCVS registered vet to apply for this position and ideally, 3+ years qualified
The branch is a mixed animal practice situated in Matlock in the beautiful Derbyshire countryside and on the edge of the Peak District. Applicants will only be expected to cover the small animal daytime work. The practice is run by a lead vet and is supported by an area manager and regional director to help ensure the practice and the employees develop and grow in their roles.