A new role has become available within Medivet for a veterinary lead to help manage and support the Swanland 24-hour hospital.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious vet with extensive clinical experience who is seeking to take their next career step. The ideal candidate will have the ability to deliver outstanding care and service and strengthen the relationship between the hospital, the branches, and the wider Medivet community.
This is a permanent, full-time position working 4 days per week plus 1:3 Saturdays or 1:6 Saturdays/Sundays, to ensure continual management oversight of these practices.
Salary package of up to £77,639 PA plus a signing bonus of £5000*, including:
- - Accommodation allowance
- - Company vehicle or vehicle allowance
- - CPD allowance
- - Payment of RCVS, VDS, and BVA fees
- - Relocation package of up to £2000
- - 3 days of paid CPD to leave per year
- - 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays per annum
- - 4-day week plus 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekend
- - Pension scheme
- - Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
- - Funded Certificate opportunities
- - Annual pay reviews
- - Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
- - Colleague purchase scheme
- - Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- - Hapibenefits – Receive a range of discounts on your shopping, entertainment, and meals out
- - 24-hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
Medivet is growing rapidly and it is an exciting time to join us - we encourage growth and development within our roles and are truly committed to helping our Medivet family members achieve their goals.
*This role is eligible for our Signing Bonus, payable to direct hires and referrals from current colleagues. No agency candidates will be entitled to this bonus.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not exclusively:
- - Management of a team of vets, including performance management, succession planning, and - CPD plans
- - Working alongside the regional team to identify opportunities for practice growth
- - Maintaining high clinical standards
- - Supporting the practice manager with the investigation and management of complaints
- - Working alongside the head nurses to ensure that the nursing team is running in the most efficient and appropriate way
- - Liaising closely with the regional team and the practice manager to ensure the correct implementation of Medivet policies and procedures
- - Building relationships between all staff and the regional branches to encourage implementation of the “Medivet Model”
- - Ensuring a client and patient-care focussed culture exists within the practice
Skills and experience:
• - An experienced vet (5 years UK experience) who is able to perform most standard emergency surgeries and manage complex medical cases
• - A good leader who is excited by the opportunity of developing other veterinary surgeons, new graduates, and a nursing team
• - An individual who is excited by the prospect of a challenge and is keen to use their skills to advance the practice and the team
• - An organised individual who is confident in using computer programmes such as Word, Outlook, Excel, and Teams
• - An individual who demonstrates initiative and business acumen
• - It would be desirable that the individual has managed teams before
Swanland 24-hour is a busy 3-tier hospital complete with seven branch surgeries and sees an interesting, busy, and varied caseload. We have an extremely loyal client base and we are active in the local community.
This role is based at the main hospital working alongside our certificate holders in Surgery, Diagnostic Imaging, and Exotic Species and our other experienced vets, nurses, and managers. We take pride in our collaborative approach and one-team culture. You will be working within beautiful, well-equipped practices and have access to modern facilities including digital X-ray, Doppler ultrasound, hydrotherapy suite, endoscopy, and a CT diagnostic suite at our Hospital.