We are looking for a daytime veterinary surgeon to join our 24-hour Hospital at Alfreton, which has a team of dedicated night surgeons.
The hospital is close to the Peak District and is the main Hub for the Nottingham region Medivet Practices. The team is led by the two Branch Partners and includes certificate holders in surgery and cardiology, plus vets studying medicine, surgery, ECC, and ophthalmology.
This role is full-time working 4 days per week plus 1 in 3 Saturdays or 1 in 6 full weekends, and the on-call rota is shared out equally. Part-time applications will also be considered.
Salary package of up to £72,369 PA and above if the applicant is already a medical certificate holder or up to £57,369 PA plus funding for the certificate in medicine. Including:
- - Accommodation allowance
- - Company vehicle or vehicle allowance
- - CPD Allowance
- - Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVA fees
- - Relocation package of up to £2000
- - 3 days paid CPD leave per year
- - 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays per annum
- - 4 day week plus 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekend
- - Pension scheme
- - Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
- - Funded Certificate opportunities
- - Annual pay reviews
- - Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
- - Colleague purchase scheme
- - Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- - Hapibenefits – Receive a range of discounts on your shopping, entertainment, and meals out
- - 24-hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
As a qualified MRCVS, you’ll already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You’ll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working in sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values of being trustworthy, caring, and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively, and building trusting relationships with your colleagues and clients.
Further education and development of colleagues are actively encouraged and a certificate can be supported for the successful candidate.
You must be a Veterinary Surgeon registered with the RCVS.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK. With current Covid19 regulations, we will offer relocation and quarantine support for entering the UK.
Medivet is growing rapidly and it is an exciting time to join us - we encourage growth and development within your role and are truly committed to helping our Medivet family members achieve their goals.
The Alfreton Hospital is based in Derbyshire, close to the Peak District, and is the main Hub for the Nottingham region Medivet Practices.
The team is led by the two Branch Partners and includes certificate holders in surgery and cardiology, plus vets studying medicine, surgery, ECC, and ophthalmology.