Joining our professional, personable team at our Hinckley Roston Drive practice, you’ll deliver exceptional care by going beyond consulting to listen and empathising, putting patients and clients first, always.
As a qualified MRCVS, you’ll already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You’ll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working in sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values of being trustworthy, caring, and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively, building trusting relationships with your colleagues, and harnessing our one-team culture. You will also display good communication skills and the desire to share your knowledge and skills by being an outstanding, positive example to others.
Joining our national network of veterinary surgeons at Medivet offers exceptional opportunities for career development while enjoying a very competitive salary package.
Salary and benefits:
- - Full-time salary package up to £66,469 per annum depending on experience
- - 5 weeks' annual leave
- - 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after every 5 years of service)
- - Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- - CPD Allowance £1,500 plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- - RCVS, BVA, and VDS fees paid
- - Vehicle allowance or Company Vehicle
- - Accommodation allowance
- - Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- - Access to a wide range of discounts for days out, on high street, and on holidays
- - 100% attendance bonus schemes
- - 1-day' Pet'ernity Leave
- - We also offer relocation allowances should you move more than 50 miles from your current home address.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
Skills and experience:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one year's UK small animal practice (or UK equivalent) experience. You must have a client-oriented approach and excellent communication skills, work to a very high standard both medically and surgically and have the drive and ambition to help develop this practice further.
We are seeking an ambitious Veterinary Surgeon that will drive high clinical standards, there is a large scope to generate a dedicated client base.
We are a silver standard cat-friendly clinic with a separate cat waiting area and separate cat and dog wards, plus an isolation facility. The practice offers a wide range of services as well as truly exceptional patient and client care.
Hinckley is a lovely market town in southwest Leicestershire, the town is situated midpoint between the bustling cities of Leicester and Coventry with fantastic commuter routes onto the major motorway networks. Hinckley Town Centre offers an excellent variety of shops, independent cafes, and restaurants.