Here at Wood Street Veterinary Group, we are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team working night shifts. The night Vet will oversee inpatients staying in the hospital as well as covering out of hours.
The rota will involve working 7 nights on and 7 nights off.
12 hours Monday-Friday
14 hours Saturday and Sunday.
Salary will be up to £50,000 depending on experience.
Wood Street is based in a busy location in the heart of Barnet with shops and tube lines going into London. We are a busy 24-hour hospital with a varied caseload. We have fantastic facilities including x-rays, dental x-rays, laparoscopic equipment, hydrotherapy, a full range of endoscopes, and ultrasonography.
Currently, we have a team of 15 Veterinary Surgeons, 17 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 7 Veterinary Care Assistants, a Reception Team, and a Practice Manager.
Our Vets have certificates in Cardiology, Surgery, and Small Animal Internal Medicine. Our Nurses also hold certificates in Anaesthesia, ECC and Exotics.
We are looking for a qualified Veterinary Surgeon who is comfortable working in sole charge with a Nurse or Veterinary Care Assistant. We are also looking for someone who has hospital experience.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
• Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
• CPD paid days and allowance
• L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• BVA Membership paid
• VDS cover
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Service-related company sick pay
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please use BH4869 as a reference when applying for this role.
To submit your application click the apply button.