Abbey House Hospital is based in Morley, 7 miles south of Leeds with great train and bus links into the city, as well as easy access to the beautiful Peak District and the city of York less than 1 hour away.
We are a high standard primary care and referral Tier 3 Hospital & Training Practice (proudly Gold Cat Friendly) with four satellite clinics. Our facilities are excellent (3 theatres, separate cat/dog/rabbit wards plus ICU, CT, oncology suite, visiting MRI, scopes including laparoscopy, operating microscope, dental suite with x-ray, high spec internal lab with lab tech) and we have an experienced and supportive leadership team.
We are committed to individual career advancement and can support clinical and leadership development in this role. We have access to a wealth of Linnaeus CPD to referral level, including the Approved Veterinary Assistant (AVA) accredited anaesthesia, RECOVER, Emergency Client and Care (ECC) and leadership development.
We are a friendly, welcoming team that enjoy bringing fun into the workplace. Our Associate council organises regular events & the team have made an exciting engagement action plan together. We are also dedicated to associate wellbeing, with several trained Mental Health First Aiders on-site and a wellbeing calendar.
Sustainability is important to us and we are proud to have achieved our Investors in the Environment Bronze Award. We are now working towards our silver.
Your role and responsibilities
This is an exciting opportunity to work as a Lead Medical Nurse. The main purpose of this role is to effectively run the medical floor which comprises medicine, oncology and cardiology and to support the team.
- Drive high clinical standards and high-quality care for our medical patients through team development, efficient workflow management and good communication
- Liaise with clients when required over the care of their pet
- Communicate well with other Lead Nurses to promote efficient running of the hospital
- Effectively manage a team of RVNs, SVNs & PCAs including day to day support, development, absence management, PDRs
- Demonstrate excellent communication with the whole team and cascade information appropriately
- Take an active role in wider practice projects such as engagement action planning and Practice Standards Scheme/ISFM Accreditation
- Attend and contribute to senior nurse meetings
- Participate in clinical governance through contribution to Vetsafe reporting, Morbidity and Mortality meetings and clinical audit
- Promote and support the practice of environmental policies.
This is a 40hrs per week role which can be completed over 4 or 5 days with 1 in 8 weekends.
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- Birthday off
- Practice bonus scheme
- Generous sick and parental leave policies
- Employee assistance, Eyecare, cycle2Work
- CPD allowance + fantastic internal CPD
- RCVS / BVNA / VDS fees paid
- Staff discount scheme
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 veterinary health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
To submit your application click the apply button.