Irby and Neston Veterinary Surgery - 2022 New Graduate Programme - Small Animal Vet
Irby & Neston Veterinary Surgery are a busy two site first opinion practice, based in Merseyside and Cheshire West, with a passion and dedication to providing the highest quality of care. Both practices are close to the M53 and M56 motorways, with great fast links to Liverpool, Chester and North Wales.
Both sites are RCVS Small Animal GP accredited and very well-equipped with multi parameter anaesthetic monitors, flexible and video endoscopy, 2 year old ultrasound machines capable of cardiac work, diathermy, bair huggers, infusion pumps and digital radiography
We are looking for a New Graduate Vet to join our team. You will be supported by the Practice Director, 3 Vets - one a Certificate holder, 4.5 RVN's and a great clinical support team across both sites.
As well as enjoying our modern facilities, well equipped practice and a busy varied caseload, you will have access to a range of benefits and our tailor made New Graduate programme offering you the right support network in practice by ensuring you have an experienced clinical mentor working alongside you in your practice. In addition, you will attend dedicated Continued Professional Development (CPD) days, supporting the development of your clinical skills and non-clinical skills, including self-leadership, teamwork, wellbeing, resilience and business, whilst also providing the opportunity for you to share experiences with fellow graduates. These are just some of the benefits of the programme:
This is what to do now - To make an informal enquiry please text Rebecca (Recruitment) on 07970 818104 or to apply straight away, please click Apply Now and upload your CV through our online portal where someone will contact you to help you with your application.
- 3 paid weeks for summer camp before starting in practice - we will be running residential weeks in the North and South of the UK in both August and September 2022. We will endeavour to try to ensure your in-practice week will take place at a CVS practice that is closest to your geographic/home practice location. All travel, accommodation and subsistence costs associated with both weeks will be covered by CVS
- Salary of £32,000 which increases at the end of year 1 and at the end of year 2
- No financial tie-in beyond completion of the programme.
- Professional memberships (RCVS & VDS).
- Up to 7 weeks annual leave plus Bank Holidays (or equivalent) with our Buy/Sell holiday scheme - allowing you to purchase an additional two weeks of annual leave
- Receive an extra days leave each year in your first 5 years at CVS
- 10 CPD days a year covering both clinical and non-clinical skills and tailored to your clinical role.
- A committed and trained clinical buddy working alongside you in practice, with regular meetings to support your transition from student to qualified vet.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Discounted pet treatments.
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 365 days a year helpline to support you and your immediate family when you need it the most.
- Discounted UK gym membership with Gym Flex.
- Performance bonus scheme.
- Opportunity to enrol onto the country's first Advanced Clinical Practitioner (Veterinary) degree programme in conjunction with Nottingham Vet School - providing you with both a masters qualification and certAVP
- Internal transfers - with a network of over 500 practices we can support you should you need to relocate
- Recommend a Friend - Financial bonus up to £3000!