Coopers Vets, Hastings - 2022 New Graduate Programme - Small Animal Vet
Looking to work near the beautiful East Sussex Coast? Want to join a RCVS and ISFM accredited practice?
Then we may have the role for you!
We have an opportunity for you to join our supportive, forward thinking and progressive small animal practice based in the beautiful location of Hastings , East Sussex!. Here at Coopers Vets we are lucky to be based in a well-equipped purpose built, RCVS and ISFM accredited practice that also benefits from having digital x-ray, ultrasonography facilities and an in-house laboratory. We are now looking to welcome a New Graduate Vet to join our team!
Our team is an experienced friendly bunch of 7 vets, nurses and support staff who work hard to ensure that our high standards of quality client care is maintained. The role is based on a 40 hour week with 1:6 Saturdays rota and no OOH.
As well as enjoying our modern facilities, well equipped practice and a busy varied caseload, you will have access to a range of benefits and our tailor made New Graduate programme offering you the right support network in practice by ensuring you have an experienced clinical mentor working alongside you in your practice. In addition, you will attend dedicated Continued Professional Development (CPD) days, supporting the development of your clinical skills and non-clinical skills, including self-leadership, teamwork, wellbeing, resilience and business, whilst also providing the opportunity for you to share experiences with fellow graduates. These are just some of the benefits of the programme:
This is what to do now - To make an informal enquiry please text Rebecca (Recruitment) on 07970 818104 or to apply straight away, please click Apply Now and upload your CV through our online portal where someone will contact you to help you with your application.
- 3 paid weeks for summer camp before starting in practice - we will be running residential weeks in the North and South of the UK in both August and September 2022. We will endeavour to try to ensure your in-practice week will take place at a CVS practice that is closest to your geographic/home practice location. All travel, accommodation and subsistence costs associated with both weeks will be covered by CVS
- Salary of £32,000 which increases at the end of year 1 and at the end of year 2
- No financial tie-in beyond completion of the programme.
- Professional memberships (RCVS & VDS).
- Up to 7 weeks annual leave plus Bank Holidays (or equivalent) with our Buy/Sell holiday scheme - allowing you to purchase an additional two weeks of annual leave
- Receive an extra days leave each year in your first 5 years at CVS
- 10 CPD days a year covering both clinical and non-clinical skills and tailored to your clinical role.
- A committed and trained clinical buddy working alongside you in practice, with regular meetings to support your transition from student to qualified vet.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Discounted pet treatments.
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 365 days a year helpline to support you and your immediate family when you need it the most.
- Discounted UK gym membership with Gym Flex.
- Performance bonus scheme.
- Opportunity to enrol onto the country's first Advanced Clinical Practitioner (Veterinary) degree programme in conjunction with Nottingham Vet School - providing you with both a masters qualification and certAVP
- Internal transfers - with a network of over 500 practices we can support you should you need to relocate
- Recommend a Friend - Financial bonus up to £3000!