An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our outgoing team at Easipetcare Reading.
Here at Easipetcare, you will be working closely with the head vet and the practice principal to ensure that our core values are met and to provide gold standard care to all patients who come through the door. This role provides a varied caseload which will allow you to develop your skills, along with the help and support our head vet.
The opportunity to perform surgery will be accommodated on a rotational basis and time is allocated for admin on a daily basis which allows you to concentrate on your patients during consult time without the pressure of needing to squeeze admin in-between.
Typically, this role is 4 or 5 days a week, for a 40-hour working week. With no out of hours or on call, and only 1:4 weekends.
At Easipetcare we pride ourselves on offering high quality vet care at prices affordable to all. Easipetcare Reading is a first opinion SA practice. Our facility is large and modern with 4 consult rooms; a dedicated x-ray and ultrasound room and a large modern theatre and prep room. We are conveniently situated in the lovely high street of Woodley – Just a 10-minute walk to and from the train station, with easy links to London. This is a unique opportunity to join a super friendly team and work in a supportive environment that offers the scope for further development in your chosen area of interest. We are conveniently situated in the lovely high street of Woodley with easy links to London.
Team and Culture
Our practice is a 5-vet team, with 2 RVNs, 1 SVN and 3 ANAs. All supported by our wonderful reception team and dedicated Practice Principal. Our team are passionate about providing gold standard care to our clients and their pets and we have a strong ethos of teamwork and communication. Our highly experienced Practice Principal regularly provides rewards to our team with Costa Fridays and our monthly practice star award celebrates our employee’s achievements as we very much focus on our teams’ well-being.
- A love for Pizza, Coffee & Cake is an absolute must!
- Champion of our core values
- Ability and willingness to share knowledge and mentor/be mentored by others
- Contribute to the practice protocols to facilitate the continuous improvement of clinical standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Approachable, caring and empathic whilst instilling a positive “can do” attitude amongst fellow colleagues.
- Be passionate about all aspects of your veterinary work
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To submit your application click the apply button.