Role: Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon
Location: Seaham, North East coastline
Hours: Permanent, Full and part time, Flexible working, NO OOH or on call, 1 in 3 Saturday mornings only
Salary: VERY Competitive, depending on experience £40-60k per annum, pro rata.
Award winning independent practice seek Vets on the beautiful North East Coast
- Want the flexibility to work around your lifestyle, along with job security and clinical freedom, but without targets?
- Do you have what it takes to help grow and develop an already expanding client base and services?
VetFinders are currently recruiting with immediate effect for this wonderfully independent practice. Due to expansion this practice requires applications from both full and part time Veterinary Surgeons who are looking for a practice that is forward thinking and innovative, whilst patient care is at the epicentre of everything they do.
We are looking for full time and part time Veterinary Surgeons to add to the growing practice team.
- Full time hours are set at 34 hours per week over 4 days, shifts are 8.30am to 5pm, 9am to 5.30pm 9.30am to 6pm, and 10am to 6.30pm including paid designated breaks.
- Part time - 2 to 3 days a week (half or full days, or a mix of both)
- Develop your skills, enjoy the clinical flexibility of independent practice, manage and follow through your own case load & maintain client continuity, whilst being part of a small close-knit team.
- Mixture of consults and surgery
- Based at one site - Consistency of care is really important to the practice
- Scope to follow your own interests, study for certificate encouraged and supported
- Established base of committed clients to build on
- A ‘hit the ground running’ approach is needed in this role – with support from current vets.
Benefits of working for this successful and well-respected practice are:
- Clinical freedom.
- Flexible working hours - rota's can be tailored to suit.
- No out of hours, No on call, No Bank Holiday working
- 15 Minute Consultation Times (including designated breaks)
- 33 days holiday per annum (pro rata).
- CPD days & allowance.
- Professional fees paid.
- Employers Pension Scheme.
- Discounted treatment for staff pets.
- Job share considered for both positions.
- Salary dependent on experience (up to £60K)
About the practice:
An independent, busy first opinion practice based at one site. This practice is award winning and well known in the area. Located by the sea, with easy access from the A19, they are a 10-minute drive from Durham City Centre and the beautiful surrounding countryside. It offers you clinical freedom and flexible hours, creating a wonderful work life balance for all the team.
The current team you will be joining consist currently of 3 Vets, 4RVNs and 5 Support staff.
Digital imaging facilities (including dental X ray), ultrasound, endoscope, diathermy, ECG & BP Monitoring, dental equipment, tonometry, in house Idexx lab suite.
- RCVS registered
- Possess the right to work in the UK
- Enthusiasm, competence and confidence in your own ability
- Conscientious attitude to work
- Team player keen to develop your own skills as well as those of others
- Exceptional client and pet care, empathy and good communication skills
To apply for this vacancy or request more information please send your CV application to VetFinders.
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VetFinders – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regard to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions please contact us first, just let us know the job reference, Thanks and Good luck, VetFinders.