Role: Mixed Veterinary Surgeon
Location: Alford, Aberdeenshire
Hours: Permanent, Full time rolling on call rota, 1x 3-day week, 1x 5-day week and 2x 4-day weeks
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience £28-50k per annum, pro rata.
Are you a new graduate? or experienced Vet looking for ownership opportunities? Aberdeenshire, mixed independent practice recruiting now!
VetFinders are currently recruiting for an independent mixed practice in Alford, Aberdeenshire looking for a full time Mixed Animal Veterinary Surgeon, with immediate effect.
A two-site practice situated in the beautiful Eastern highlands of Scotland offering easy access to Aberdeen city and the Cairngorms national park.
- We are looking for a compassionate and enthusiastic, Mixed Veterinary Surgeon committed to providing high standards of patient and client care. This is a permanent, full-time position.
- Hours: 4 week rolling rota, balanced with time off in lieu during the week. 1 x 3-day week, 1 x 5-day week, 2 x 4-day weeks, 1 in 4 on call rota also. All on call is done by the practice necessary for mixed practice.
- Consistency of care is really important to the practice; it has a loyal and established base of committed clients to service and build upon
- The role offers a flexible approach, to enable good work life balance.
- Scope to follow your own interests, study for certificate encouraged and supported
- Variety of consults and surgeries – you must be willing to do all aspects of veterinary work including farm calls and on call.
- This role will consider all levels of experience. New graduates are encouraged to apply, as development and support can be provided. Also vets with more experience very welcome to apply and there could be ownership opportunities for discussion.
Benefits of working for this successful and well-respected practice are:
- CPD encouraged and funded, both clinical and personal development
- Further certificates encouraged and funded
- Very competitive salary based upon experience
- Holidays entitlement 28 days, pro rata, including bank holidays.
- VDS Cover
- RCVS fees paid
About the practice:
This practice is a truly independent practice that offers comprehensive care to pets, farm animals and horses across Alford, Ballater and the surrounding areas. With 2 sites, the main practice is based in the historic town of Alford – Home of the Aberdeen Angus! With the consulting practice in the very popular Ballater, Royal Deeside – Cairngorms.
The team is a close-knit team, friendly and experienced, growing significantly over the last few years, due to expansion and increase in client demand, this practice is well known and respected within the region. The team currently consists of 5.5 vets, supported excellently by 3 RVNs, 1 SVN and part time receptionists. Support is in abundance as you need it, however there may be times when you will need the ability to work on your own.
Should anyone be interested in ownership opportunities, this may be considered due to the present owner thinking of slowing down to retirement over the next couple of years. Open to communication on this.
The practice also has very loyal clients, they are pleasant and good to work with. At present on the farm side of things it is generally mixed livestock (beef cattle and sheep) , including 2 deer farms and 1st opinion equine work. Please note currently no commercial pig farms at present.
Areas of specialism are supported.
Equipment includes: Digital x-ray processing with positioning table, dental x-ray machine, vet scan biochem analyser and haematology machine, SA and LA ultra-scan, tub table, dental compressor unit, 2 Humphreys anaesthetic machines and an oxygen generator.
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the UK
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm, competence and confidence in your own ability
- Cheerful disposition and conscientious attitude to work
- Team player keen to develop your own skills as well as those of others
- Exceptional client and pet care, empathy and good communication skills
To apply for this vacancy or request more information please send your CV in application to VetFinders.
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VetFinders – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regard to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions please contact us first, just let us know the job reference, Thanks and Good luck, VetFinders.