Consult Only Vet – Pennine Vets, Greater Manchester
Are you a Small Animal Vet looking for a role offering a great work/life balance, with no OOHs and working with a truly amazing team? If so, we have the job for you…
Pennine Vets is a small animal pet practice based in Tottington, Bury and Harwood, Bolton and we are seeking a Consult Only Vet to join our team - the main duties of your role will include routine consultations, triaging patients and dispensing of repeat prescriptions and written prescriptions. If you would prefer to do a mixture of consults and surgery, this can also be accommodated. We treat all cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs and other small furries at both sites.
We are a forward thinking group keen to develop and support the whole team. We have a talented Diagnostic certificate holder as our Head Vet and she is keen to share her knowledge and training. Nurses are encouraged to develop their schedule 3 skills and are a fantastic team to work with.
The sites are well equipped with digital x-ray, ultrasound, tonopen, in-house lab and all the usual equipment. The experienced support team includes RVN's, PCA's and truly fantastic receptionists, there are no insurance forms to complete…!
We are looking for someone who works to excellent clinical standards and is enthusiastic and passionate about veterinary medicine. A confident new graduate can be considered. In return, we place strong importance in ensuring our staff have a good work/life balance.
This is a full-time role, working 4 days, with 1 in 4 Saturdays only - no OOH's and rare occasional Bank Holiday working. Part-time hours can also be considered.
In return, we will offer you:
- Attractive salary DOE pro rata plus practice bonus scheme
- Up to 7 weeks annual leave plus Bank Holidays (or equivalent) with our Buy/Sell holiday scheme - allowing you to purchase an additional two weeks of annual leave
- Receive an extra days leave each year in your first 5 years at CVS
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave benefit of 10 weeks full and 10 weeks half pay!
- Relocation packages can be considered
- Visa sponsorship available
- Fully funded CPD
- RCVS & VDS annual fees paid
- Recommend a Friend scheme
- Company Pension scheme
- Sharesave scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme – Our people are our strongest asset
- Access to Mental Health and wellbeing champions, over 300 across CVS
- Staff discount scheme
- Access to a range of flexible benefits to suit your needs – such as Perkbox, subsidised gym membership, cycle to work scheme and more...
If you are interested in this role and would like to have an informal chat please call/text Laura on 0788 037 4377 or to submit an online application, click Apply Now and upload your CV and covering letter.