Glasgow - Vet Surgeon
Up to £65,000 DOE plus benefits
An opportunity to work with ECC specialists and residents
As the UK’s leading pet emergency service, we have an extensive network of clinics plus 2 emergency and specialty hospitals spanning the country. Our hospitals are unique to our business structure as they are operational 24/7. We are looking for a Vet Surgeon to join our Glasgow hospital to work a blend of back shifts, night shifts, weekend days with occasional weekdays. As you will work as part of a large team alongside other Vets, no sole charge work is involved.
Weekday back shifts are generally 4pm to 3am and night shifts are 6.30pm to 7.30am or 8pm to 8am. You’ll work every other weekend and some days will be included. Weekend days are 7am to 7pm and backshifts 2pm to 2am.
One team, one goal
Our ethos is simple – to give people and their pets the care and support they deserve at the time they need it most and our Vet Surgeons are vital to delivering this ethos. In our Glasgow hospital you will be mentored by your Lead Vet and will be supported on shift by other Vet Surgeons, Vet Nurses, Animal Care Assistants and all-night Receptionists. This close-knit working is essential to maintaining the high clinical standards that Vets Now is known for.
A work life fulfilled
At Vets Now we invest heavily in the continuous professional development of all our people across the business, whether that’s in professional qualifications progression opportunities or coaching and mentoring. Working in emergency 24/7 you’ll see a stimulating and varied caseload; have clinical independence and you’ll make an immediate difference to the pets you treat on every shift.
What’s in it for you?
Recognising hard work is really important to us. We've recently invested in our CPD offering giving access to your CPD budget after probation and added a new reward benefit giving discounts with 100's of retailers. Our benefits and rewards include:
Your health and wellbeing
- Private medical insurance
- Membership of employee wellbeing programme
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity policy including 6 months full pay
- Family-friendly policies including paternity and adoption pay schemes
Your work life balance
- 7 weeks pro rata annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Paid volunteering days
- £1500 CPD allowance increasing annually plus 35 paid hours pro rata
- ECC certificate support – financial and paid study leave
- Access to our ‘Edge’ programmes
Your professional memberships
- RCVS fees
- VECCS membership
- VDS cover
Your additional benefits
- Vets Now For You – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- UK Standard Pension contributions – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Up to 50% discounted staff pet care
- Death in service of two times annual salary