We are looking for a veterinary surgeon to join our friendly team at Boston, either full or part-time.
The practice is situated in the historic market town of Boston in the beautiful Lincolnshire countryside, a short drive from Lincoln city, the Lincolnshire wolds and the east cost. The team are led by an experienced lead vet and head nurse, who are both well established, long term employees at the practice.
General duties will include: consulting and associated skills (listening, empathising, summarising) routine surgery, lifting and moving animals, handling drugs and chemotherapeutic agents, possible shared on-call duties, team leadership and team management, telephone advice, data entry, fee charging and dispute resolution.
This role is either part-time or full-time, working up to 4 days per week plus 1 in 3 half weekends or 1 in 6 full. Flexible working patterns will be considered.
Salary of £36,000 - £55,000 (Pro-rata for part-time employees) including:
- Competitive basic salary.
- Accommodation Allowance.
- Vehicle allowance or company vehicle.
- CPD allowance of £1,500 plus 3 days CPD leave per annum.
- Enhanced maternity/Paternity leave.
- RCVS, VDS, BVA fees paid.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Certificate opportunities paid for by us.
- 4 weeks sabbatical for every 5-year service.
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance programme.
- Employee discounts & rewards via Happi Benefits.
This role would suit a veterinary surgeon who is at least 1 year qualified and who is comfortable with routine consultations, surgeries and the occasional sole charge. You must be a veterinary surgeon registered with the RCVS to apply for this position. Funded Certificate and Branch Partnership opportunities would be available for the right candidate.
We can support certificates of sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK. With current Covid19 regulations we will offer relocation and quarantine support entering the UK.
Medivet is growing rapidly and it is an exciting time to join us - we encourage growth and development within our roles and are truly committed to helping our Medivet family members achieve their goals.
Skills and experience:
- Medical competence (to level required by specific role, to include clinical
examinations, lifting and moving animals, diagnosing disease and prescription
and handling of drugs)
- Surgical competence (to level required by specific role)
- Sole Charge experience.
- UK small animal practice experience.
- Familiarity and compliance with relevant legislation.
- Demonstrable ability to work in a team / lead a team
Our Boston branch is spacious, having three consult rooms, a prep area, surgical room, laboratory equipment, imaging suite and a staff room. There is ample on site parking and accommodation above the practice if required.
Boston is a small port and market town in Lincolnshire with an incredibly rich and significant history, it is close to the coast and the beautiful Lincolnshire wolds with good links to Lincoln city.