Your Vets in Rayleigh are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join and support our expanding team.
We not only encourage our nurses to work to their full potential, but also to take on responsibilities as they feel able. This gives great job satisfaction, as well as invaluable experience and training for the future. We really appreciate and value the skills that nurses bring to the clinic, and encourage initiative and autonomy. The practice is keen to increase nurse involvement in client consultations, so an interest in this (though not a must) would be highly advantageous.
Our RCVS registered Tier 3 hospital is fully equipped, including dental x-ray and ultrasound facilities. We also have a dedicated theatre suite, with two theatres, and offer a wide range of orthopaedic, soft tissue and diagnostic procedures.
We are a Gold Standard Cat friendly clinic, with cat only waiting areas and wards, in both surgical and hospital areas.
The successful applicant would work a 40 hour week, and 1 weekend in 4. The rota will be varied across the clinic so you will gain experience and confidence in all areas of general practice. We work on a shift basis (0800-1630 / 1230-2100) allowing us to provide for our clients, whilst maintaining a good work-life balance. There are no night shifts as we have a dedicated night team. We also promote flexible working, so would be more than happy to consider part time candidates for this position.
CPD opportunities are excellent including, ECC, Anaesthesia and Medical Certificates to name just a few.
We are also more than happy to consider candidates who just need to sit their OSCE'S/ awaiting registration to the RCVS.
Company benefits include:
- Up to 7 weeks annual leave plus Bank Holidays (or equivalent) with our Buy/Sell holiday scheme - allowing you to purchase an additional two weeks of annual leave
- Receive an extra days leave each year in your first 5 years at CVS
- Fully encouraged and generously funded CPD
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- VDS and RCVS fees covered
- Employee assistance programme
- Access to Mental Health and wellbeing champions, over 300 across CVS.
- Excellent colleague discount on pet treatments and products, including free consults
- Opportunity to join our industry leading ShareSave scheme and share in the success of our business
- A range of other flexible benefits such as Cycle to Work, Gymflex and more!
If you are interested in this role please apply now including both your CV and covering letter within your application. For an informal chat about the role please call / text Emily in the recruitment team on 07500 064156