Are you an experienced vet looking for that next step up and a flexible job that fits around you and your needs? Are you ready to lead a team and develop your leadership skills?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join our newly acquired small animal practice in Metheringham, Lincolnshire on a full or part-time basis. This practice, in the beautiful Lincolnshire countryside, is a perfect opportunity for a veterinary surgeon who would like to be a key player in helping this practice develop and grow.
As qualified MRCVS, you’ll already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You’ll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively, building trusting relationships with your colleagues, harnessing our one team culture. You will also display good communication skills and the desire to share your knowledge and skills by being an outstanding, positive example to others.
This is a full- time role working 4 days per week plus 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends but this can be varied for the right applicant.
Salary package up to £80,000 dependent on experience, to include:
- Competitive salary.
- Accommodation allowance of £6,600 PA.
- Vehicle or vehicle allowance of £2,500 PA.
- CPD allowance £1,500 plus 3 days CPD leave.
- VDS, RCVS, BVA fees paid.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance programme.
- Employee discounts & rewards via Happi Benefits.
- Long service awards.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
Branch Partnership and Certificate Opportunities are also available for the right candidate.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
Medivet is growing rapidly and it is an exciting time to join us - we encourage growth and development within your role and are truly committed to helping our Medivet family members achieve their goals.
As Lead Vet, you will:
- Provide high standards of clinical care to your clients and patients
- Provide direction and leadership to colleagues in practice.
- Be responsible for the financial and operational performance of your practice and overall team performance and engagement.
- Drive and deliver the exceptional clinical standards in your practice and empower your team to do the same.
- Drive and deliver the commercial performance of the practice and ensure your practice colleagues are all aware of what is required and support all to achieve.
You will have support from your Area Manager and Regional Director to assist, develop and guide you in your role.
Skills and experience:
You need to be an RCVS registered vet to apply for this position.
Metheringham is based between Sleaford and Lincoln in the beautiful rural Lincolnshire Countryside. It has rail connections to Lincoln and Sleaford and is just an hours drive from the coast.
The main branch is in Metheringham with branch practices in nearby villages.
The practice has a stable support team, including a Practice Manager/Head RVN to support you in your role, alongside the Area Manager and Regional Director.