Senior Vet Surgeon
Up to £90,000 DOE plus £15,000 recognition bonus pro rata
Lead from the front in Vets Now Liverpool
We are looking for a Senior Vet in our Liverpool clinic to drive our clinical standards, mentor and coach our team and ensure that we continue to provide the highest quality of patient and pet care across Merseyside. Vets Now Liverpool operates from the PDSA hospital in Huyton and our team sees a great mix of exciting ECC cases.
As a Senior Vet in Liverpool, we can offer you-
- Up to £90,000 DOE pro rata
- £15,000 Recognition Bonus (£5000 paid on start date, £10,000 after 12 months) pro rata
- Up to £5000 relocation package
- £1875 CPD allowance plus 35 paid hours off to support your learning pro rata
- Opportunity to join our new leadership development programme
- Access to our full list of benefits listed below
Help shape the future of Emergency and Critical Care
As a Senior Vet, you will have both clinical and non-clinical responsibilities. In the clinic, you will work alongside your vet team to support their clinical development and evaluate their training needs. Away from clinical work, you will have 240 hours of designated management time that can be done remotely to develop retention strategies, work on clinical development opportunities and new ideas to continually improve the clinic.
Enjoy a balanced and sustainable career, that is designed around you.
A full-time role in Liverpool is based on a 40-hour week (average of 3 shifts per week) and around 5 hours is reserved for non-clinical responsibilities that can be done from home, reducing the hours you will physically be in the clinic.
Our Senior Vets are leaders, so you will use your clinical hours to help develop, mentor, and support both your existing team and the new generation of vet surgeons joining your clinic. Your clinical shifts will be a range of sole charge work, mentored 1:1 time with your team, and double upshifts.
As with any role within Vets Now we appreciate that one size doesn’t fit all. Finding the right work/life balance for you is our priority, so we are happy to consider this role on a part-time basis.
As a full-time member of our team, you will also enjoy 7 weeks of annual leave that you can use throughout the year, as well as your birthday as a paid day off. Our rota patterns typically have an extended period of time off built into them so you can really maximise your downtime.
Continued professional development
At Vets Now we invest heavily in our people. We recognise the importance of providing opportunities for continuous self-improvement for all our staff. As a Senior Vet, you will have access to-
- Professional qualifications, coaching and mentoring, and further progression routes within the business.
- ECC certificate; Vets Now can fully fund your certificate, providing you with help and support to complete this, and we will ensure you have paid time off to study.
- Option to join our AdvantEdge course- AdvantEdge is a Two-week programme for experienced Vet Surgeons that combines lectures and practical sessions delivered by specialists and experienced ECC clinicians. AdvantEdge will cement your existing knowledge and could benefit you when mentoring and developing your team.
We look after you so you can look after them
At Vets Now we recognise that our people are what makes us. That’s why we are continuing to invest in first-class reward and recognition benefits and initiatives.
Your health and wellbeing
- Private medical insurance
- Membership of employee wellbeing programme
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity policy including 6 months full pay
- Family-friendly policies including paternity and adoption pay schemes
Your work-life balance
- 7 weeks pro-rata annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Paid volunteering days
- £1875 CPD allowance increasing annually plus 35 paid hours pro rata
- ECC certificate support – financial and paid study leave
- Leadership Development programme
- Access to our ‘Edge’ programmes
Your professional memberships
- RCVS fees
- VECCS membership
- VDS cover
Your additional benefits
- Vets Now For You – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- UK Standard Pension contributions – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Up to 50% discounted staff pet care
- Death in service of two times annual salary
For more information please contact Megan on 07944 254473 or email email@example.com