Find a perfect work - life balance in beautiful Devon
Do you long for working only a short drive from beautiful scenes like this one? Being able to dolphin spot and paddle board on your time off is part of our reality here. We are perched between the beautiful Devon coastline and Dartmoor, with the vibrant city of Exeter only a 15-minute drive away.
Molecare Pet Vets are a growing, independent small animal practice based outside Newton Abbot in Devon. Our clinic is modern and well equipped, and we are particularly proud of our swish new ultrasound machine and our hand-held dental x-ray machine, affectionately known as Nelly! As well as being able to offer in house laboratory facilities, ECG monitoring, physiotherapy and stem cell therapy, we also recommend our in-house Pet Health Plans which are designed to help our clients with the cost for preventative care.
We build long-lasting relationships in our practice and want you to really enjoy working with us and this is how we hope we can make that happen:
- A steady pace with a well-managed diary and respected finishing time
- Regular team meetings
- An organised day – supported by our wonderful team
- Active involvement in the day-to-day management, direction and development of the practice
- Autonomy to make day-to-day decisions to improve systems, processes and client engagement.
- Continuity of patient and client care
- An alternative to the corporate ‘recipe’
Don’t just take our word for it, here is what (Kate Grasske MRCVS) one of our vets, has to say about working here:
“I joined Mole care in July 2021. Being 6 years qualified I was looking for an improved pace of life without compromising patient care. I can honestly say I have not looked back. The team at Mole Care are a testament to the practice. We always strive to provide the best client and animal experience, delivered within a friendly, welcoming and genuinely fun working environment. The pace of the day allows plenty of time for thinking, reading around subjects and working up cases to the highest standard possible. No more treading water and trying to stay afloat!”
We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon who is confident in the consult room as well as the operating room, with routine and emergency surgery forming part of any working week. Two years’ experience would be ideal, however this not essential for the right candidate. You will be working alongside 3 other vets and a team of experienced receptionists and nurses.
- Salary up to £55k
- 6.5 weeks holiday
- No OOH, so your down time is really your own
- 4-day week (3 if part-time)
- 1:4 Saturday mornings (8.30-1pm)
- £1,500 CPD allowance
- Pension and Life Insurance, as well as numerous other staff discounts and benefits
If our supportive and friendly team sound like the right fit for you, please get in touch for an informal chat or click Apply now.