We provide a wide range of veterinary services for small animals and exotic pets and are able to perform a dental scale and polish for dogs and cats using the ultrasonic handpiece and remove broken or diseased teeth using high-speed burs. We anaesthetise our patients for dental work for their safety and ours. We have a new modern ultrasound machine that enables us to look at patients internal organs without the need for invasive surgery. It is particularly useful for soft tissue (as opposed to bone) investigations and especially for the diagnosis of some heart problems in dogs and cats.
We have modern operating theatres with state of the art anaesthetic machines and monitoring equipment. A wide range of surgery takes place every weekday, including neutering, wound repair, fractures pinned or plated, cruciate ligament repair and removal of lumps. Although dogs and cats make up most of the patients, we also regularly operate on rabbits, guinea pigs and hamsters.
Village Vet, Berkhamsted require a Veterinary Surgeon who will work with two other Vets in the fantastic location of Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire. This role would suit a Veterinary Surgeon who is able to offer case continuity from consultation through to surgery.
42 hours a week
5 days Monday – Friday
1:3 Saturdays 8:15-4
1:12 Sundays 8:30-6:30 (at St Albans)
EIV & 1 BH per year (at St Albans)
• Assume responsibility for surgical and medical cases
• Act as a positive proponent of the practice to staff and clients
• Contribute to the practice policies and procedures
• Assist and encourage other staff and train as indicated
• Actively engage in CPD both self-directed and to assist duties within practice
We will consider Veterinary Surgeons at all levels of experience.
• Highly competitive salary
• Village Vet bonus scheme
• Certifications encouraged and funding available
• 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus birthday day.
• £1000 CPD allowance with five days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
• RCVS fees paid
• VDS membership
• Staff discount scheme
• Workplace pension scheme
• Generous sick pay allowance
• BUPA Employee assistance programme for 24/7 wellbeing support
• Dedicated line management with development pathway
• Linnaeus free CPD including monthly film readings/journal clubs
• Cycle to work scheme
• Eyecare vouchers
To submit your application click the apply button.