Village Vet St Albans is a well-established, purpose built small animal hospital located in Hertfordshire, an area boasting great countryside and unparalleled access to London. Our facilities are modern complete including full digital diagnostic facilities, on-site laboratory, full operating theatres, separate dog and cat hospital wards, ultrasound, laparoscopy equipment, dental suite, big staff room and ample parking on site. We have a very experienced and empathetic team of vets, nurses and support staff who make this a great place to work. Our clients are loyal and subscribe to our way of working which is to ‘find out the answer’ rather than wait and see’. We look after our staff with generous CPD, rotas that are sustainable, lots of support both clinical and operational and work with an individual focus on developing the potential of all who join our team.
Village Vet St Albans are in search of a fantastic Night Veterinary Surgeon to join their hospital in St Albans. This role is responsible for handling emergencies, delivering clinical care to the hospital’s patients and client care. This includes making all interactions with clients fully focused on delivering value and an exceptional service. St Albans is a well-established, purpose built small animal hospital. We take pride in our excellent reputation for friendliness and a high level of expertise. Our facilities are modern and well equipped with full digital diagnostic facilities, on site laboratory, full operating theatres, separate dog and cat hospital wards and ample parking on site. We have a very experienced and empathetic team of vets, nurses and support staff, some with extra qualifications, to ensure that clients receive the best care available.
• PATIENT/CLINICAL CARE – Working to high level of clinical care within a team. Village Vet prides itself on working to a very high standard of care and supports RCVS Practice Standards Scheme.
• CLIENT CARE – We strive for exceptional levels of client service and satisfaction.
• TEAMWORK – Working within your team, and the wider hospital teams, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times.
• MANAGEMENT TEAM – You will be fully supported and developed to allow you to grow and achieve your full potential.
Rota: 7 on 21 off.
7pm – 9am (night shifts) 7 days on Monday – Sunday, 3 weeks off.
Comfortable working a night rota.
We will consider Veterinary Surgeons with 2+ years’ experience.
• Highly competitive salary
• Village Vet bonus scheme
• Great rota
• Certifications encouraged and funding available
• 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus birthday day.
• £1000 CPD allowance with five days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable).
• RCVS fees paid
• VDS membership
• Staff discount scheme
• Workplace pension scheme
• Generous sick pay allowance
• BUPA Employee assistance programme for 24/7 wellbeing support
• Dedicated line management with development pathway
• Linnaeus free CPD including monthly film readings/journal clubs
• Cycle to work scheme
• Eyecare vouchers
To submit your application click the apply button.