Our Walkden/Hyde practice is currently experiencing an exciting period of growth and development, and as result we have a fantastic new opportunity available for a veterinary surgeon who is looking to take the next step in their career. This role would be suitable for someone who is a confident general practitioner but has a keen interest in developing themselves in a consult only role. This role will also work closely with the HVN to drive the continued development of nurse consultations, to complement the veterinary team and to provide an outstanding service to the pets under the team’s care. This role can be taken at either our Hyde or Walkden clinic, or we would be more than happy to discuss a multi-site position, if this was of interest.
What the team has to offer.
This role provides an opportunity for someone to take the next step in a consult only role whilst being fully supported, by a multidisciplinary team. We are keen to consider full time and part time applicants, with a share of Saturday mornings (0830-1230 TOIL given for each weekend worked). Out of hours is provided by Vets Now. Our teams work-life balance and wellbeing are always top priority at White Cross Vets, so if this is of interest, we’d love to discuss the specifics further with you.
At White Cross Vets, we have 21 clinics across the UK. All of our clinics have teams with different interests, with team members undergoing further training by certificates or having those that have achieved certificate status. Being part of something bigger, offers a fantastic level of support on a wider group level and allows us to grow and develop a higher quality first opinion pet care, whilst providing internal career progression opportunities.
About our Team/Culture
One of the best parts of working at Walkden and Hyde are the enthusiastic team who work closely together. We love to bond over our shared love of food with regular meals out together, along with regularly partaking in some serious competition with the local pub quiz and “Breakout” rooms. There are also some very active members of the team, who join forces in training for 10k’s and our weekly Fitbit challenge.
About the Practice
Our veterinary team enjoy all aspects of general veterinary practice. The Clinic Director and Senior Vet are both multi-site and are very dedicated in ensuring the wellbeing and development of the team. Our vet team includes a new graduate who joined us this year on our academy programme, alongside two experienced vets who are located at Hyde, one of which has a certificate in dentistry and is offering a referral service to the White Cross Group. The clinical team at Walkden, work closely with the Hyde practice and routinely have clinical meetings where cases are discussed. The team are extremely passionate about providing a gold standard first opinion service and feel that having a vet with a consultation bias, would offer support and development in this area.
Walkden and Hyde are both practices with great facilities including 4 consult rooms, cat ward, dog ward, operating theatre, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound and access to endoscope if needed. There is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to lead consultation development, alongside the HVN. As a group we fully support further training/certification.
This vacancy has been released due to continued growth at Walkden/Hyde and therefore it’s important that the successful candidate has the following skills/attributes:
- Experienced candidate; minimum 5 years’ experience
- Drive to work towards clinical excellence within first opinion practice
- Passion for small animal medicine
- Confidence in making strong clinical recommendations and being able to coach less experienced team members in making these
- Confidence in supporting less experienced team members with further medical work ups, which will arise from clinical recommendations
- Leadership qualities to enable successful support of less experienced team members
- Quality; the desire to provide a high standard of veterinary medicine, to the pets under our care
- Integrity; working with the clinical team to drive the strong White Cross principles that the group adheres to, in an honest manner
- Responsibility; to the pet’s under our care, making strong and confident clinical recommendations with the support of the team and the White Cross group
- Growth; to be passionate in wanting to progress your clinical knowledge and skill development, which in turn contributes to the growth of the practice and the clinical team
- RCVS registered
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
We have many stand out benefits available to us, as an example our leave benefits are listed below (not just a generous annual leave allowance – paid donation days, wellbeing days, CPD days, peternity leave, birthday off, and more!). Did we mention work life balance is top of our agenda?
. Relocation allowance up to £5,000
. Welcome bonus up to £1,500
· Increasing holiday based on length of service
· Five fully paid days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
· Focus on employee wellbeing with fully paid wellbeing days issued
· 5 days paid CPD leave with a £1500 CPD allowance per annum, alongside the opportunity for fully funded certificates.
· The opportunity to enrol on Leadership and Management Apprenticeship programmes and being fully supported in this.
· Up to four days PETernity leave, for when that new furry member joins your family
· Birthday day off
· Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/share parental and surrogacy pay
· Your pets can benefit from out Complete Wellness Plan too. Up to 3 pets free on our wellness plan (free consults, vaccinations, flea, worm, and more)
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH4300 when applying for this role.
To submit your application click the apply button.