The Clinic Director at our Wolstanton practice has unfortunately relocated and as result we have a fantastic new opportunity available for a veterinary surgeon who is looking to take the next step in their career. This role would be suitable for someone who has had previous senior experience and will be predominantly focused on leading and developing the clinical team.
The clinic has a very varied caseload, and we routinely have a visiting peripatetic orthopaedic surgeon, so we would also love to hear from candidates with a surgical bias - although this isn’t a deal-breaker. Our teams work-life balance and wellbeing are always a top priority at White Cross Vets and as a group, we have adopted a more flexible approach to working. If this is of interest, we’d love to discuss the specifics further with you. We are keen to consider full time and part-time applicants, with a share of Saturday mornings between 8:30 am-12:30 pm, with TOIL given for each weekend worked. Out of hours is provided by Vets Now.
At White Cross Vets, we have 21 clinics across the UK. All of our clinics have teams with different interests, with team members undergoing further training by certificates or having those that have achieved certificate status. Being part of something bigger offers a fantastic level of support on a wider group level and allows us to grow and develop a higher quality first opinion pet care, whilst providing internal career progression opportunities.
The salary is up to £70,000 depending on experience.
About our Team/Culture
One of the best parts of working at Wolstanton is our close-knit, enthusiastic team. We are all food lovers and often do sausage roll runs to “Wright’s Pies”, which is just next door as well as chocolate treasure hunts around the practice. As a team, we are very focused on wellbeing and team building and take our wellbeing afternoons extremely seriously, which have included “Bake-Off” style competitions, Christmas quizzes and Halloween pumpkin carving. We may also be partial to a spot of BINGO and love some Festive Fun.
About the Practice
Wolstanton is a growing practice with great facilities including 4 consult rooms, cat ward, dog ward, operating theatre, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound and access to endoscope if needed. Working alongside our wonderful nurse team, we have 3 vets who have been qualified from 2-15 years. We hold the ISFM silver award for cat care and the IVC Evidensia patient safety award.
Our veterinary team enjoy all aspects of general veterinary practice. High quality clinical care is of utmost importance to the team, they even thoroughly enjoy staged dentals. The clinical team, routinely conduct audits, ensuring that they are always working towards gold standard first opinion pet care. The team feel like a Clinic Director with a surgical bias, would complement their interests and offer support in this area, whilst providing the successful candidate with a career opportunity to progress and grow a more advanced surgical service, for which there is demand.
The Clinic Director role is supported by a senior vet and practice manager, alongside a complete nurse and front of house team therefore there is adequate opportunity to maintain a healthy balance between leadership and clinical work.
It is important that the successful candidate has the following skills/attributes:
• Experienced candidate; minimum 5 years’ experience
• Drive to work towards clinical excellence within first opinion practice
• Confidence in making strong clinical recommendations and being able to coach less experienced team members in making these
• Confident surgical experience is a requirement. Dependent on candidate interests, certificates/further qualifications fully supported
• Leadership qualities to enable successful support of less experienced team members
• Confidence in supporting less experienced team members with surgical cases
• Be able to work as part of a senior team within a clinic, to help provide a safe and supportive working environment
• Provide clinical support to the practice manager, to help maintain legislation such as Practice Standards and Health and Safety
• Quality; the desire to provide a high standard of veterinary medicine, to the pets under our care
• Integrity; working with the clinical team to drive the strong White Cross principles that the group adheres to, in an honest manner
• Responsibility; to the pets under our care, making strong and confident clinical recommendations with the support of the team and the White Cross group
• Growth; to be passionate in wanting to progress your clinical knowledge and skill development, which in turn contributes to the growth of the practice and the clinical team
• RCVS registered
Benefits (subject to pro-rata)
We have many stand out benefits available to us, as an example, our leave benefits are listed below (not just a generous annual leave allowance – paid donation days, wellbeing days, CPD days, peternity leave, birthday off, and more!). Did we mention work-life balance is top of our agenda?
• Enhanced holiday entitlement and Increasing holiday based on length of service
• Five full paid days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Focus on employee wellbeing with fully paid wellbeing days issued
• 5 days paid CPD leave with a £1500 CPD allowance per annum, alongside the opportunity for fully funded certificates.
• Up to four days PETernity leave, for when that new furry member joins your family
• Birthday day off
• Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/share parental and surrogacy pay
• Your pets can benefit from out Complete Wellness Plan too. Up to 3 pets free on our wellness plan (free consults, vaccinations, flea, worm, and more)
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH4706 when applying for this role.
To submit your application click the apply button.