An exciting opportunity has become available for an Equine Veterinary Surgeon at Penmellyn Vets!
We are happy to offer both full/part time shifts and can be flexible for the right candidate. You will be included in a 2:8 out of hours rota which is shared with another local IVC equine practice.
Salary for this role is up to £60,000 depending on experience.
Penmellyn Equine has excellent facilities including 8 stables and one isolation stable, full theatre set up and stocks room. We get constant support from a senior medicine certificate holder equine vet if needed and a monthly visit from an equine surgeon. We are lucky to have the ability to refer to ophthalmology and cardiology specialists in house.
We are a hardworking but relaxed team supported by an amazing, dedicated team of equine admins, nurses and grooms.
Three years + qualified but we would be interested to also hear from recently qualified equine vets
An interest in lameness and/or dentistry would be a bonus.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
• Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
• CPD paid days and allowance
• L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• BVA Membership paid
• VDS cover
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Service-related company sick pay
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH4504 when applying for this role.
To submit your application click the apply button.