We are looking for a first opinion Veterinary Surgeon to join our team, assisting with operating and appointments. The role is full time, working up to 4.5 days a week (10 hour days) with one hour lunch every day 8.30-6.30 and one half day. No weekend or OOH requirements. Part time applications will also be considered.
We are a well-equipped branch practice situated in a lovely village just outside Bristol with support of our large hospital and hospital staff close by. We have friendly and welcoming clients and staff and have theatre, dental and x-ray equipment on site. You will be sole charge at the branch practice, supported by 1 full time Registered Veterinary Nurse and 3 Receptionists.
Experienced staff including several certificate holders (including feline medicine, cardiology, surgery and imaging) are at nearby hospital.
We are ideally looking for someone who is confident with routine general practice work and sole charge.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To submit your application click the apply button.