We are seeking a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our friendly team at Medivet Islington Cross St!
This is a fixed term contract covering maternity leave however we are always seeking passionate RVN's and would seek to find the right candidate a permanent position with us!
This role could suit a qualified RVN or we can also consider a Y3 SVN, soon to qualify.
Medivet Islington Cross St is led by Branch Partner and Veterinary Surgeon David Rubiera-Conesa - a cardiology expert with a passion for feline and canine medicine. Our advanced technology also helps us understand and diagnose heart conditions and David takes referrals from across the region.
Salary, hours and benefits:
- Salary of £24,288 - £28,295 per annum including £2000 London weighting
- £300 CPD allowance with 2-days CPD leave and in-house CPD available
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- 5 weeks paid annual leave plus bank holidays
- 40 hour week with 1:6 full weekends and fair share of bank holiday cover at Kensington 24-Hour with time back in lieu
- Minimal on-call duties, if required
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Improved Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 100% attendance scheme and ‘peternity’ leave
Islington Cross Street is a busy and well established practice. We've been part of the Islington community for over 40 years and are proud to have a loyal client base.
In addition to our Branch Partner, we have an additional Vet, HRVN, PCA and Client Care Assistant.
A typical day will consist of consult from 9 to 12 and then again from 4 to 7, usually with 30 min appointments. During the middle of the day we have procedures, basic surgeries including neutering and dentals, and lots of ultrasounds!
All out of hour care is managed by our fantastic night team at our Kensington 24-Hour Hospital, and we also have a dedicated ambulance service.
The practice is based in the highly sought after area of Islington, just a short walk from Angel, Highbury & Islington and Essex Road Stations with a selection of great shops, bars and restaurants on your doorstep.