Clinical Director required at Terrington Veterinary Centre
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Director to join our team here at Terrington Veterinary Centre in Terrington St Clement, King's Lynn!
In this role you will be responsible for the management and leadership of the site and staff - relevant experience preferred but mentoring and support available locally from very experienced CD and Business Support Manager - days and hours negotiable but full time of 40 hours preferred over five days. Practice is fully staffed so clinical work patterns are flexible. No OOH, this service is provided locally by group hospital and strong relationship exists for support both clinically and managerial.
We are a single site, SA practice in a small village just outside historical Kings Lynn in Norfolk near coastal towns and beaches - excellent facilities and equipment, everything you would expect or need (including brand new state of the art ultrasound with four probes which allow all types of work, x-rays with external diagnosis support, endoscope and a brand new dental machine). We have 5 consult rooms, one for nurses and one for euthanasia’s only, separate cat waiting room (no area), two theatres on top of prep room with separate tub table plus separate cat and dog wards, the latest with oxygen chamber and two runs, bespoke lab and a lovely garden to sit outside during lunch and breaks (weather permitting!) Without doubt the greatest strength of Terrington is our team. Good management team in place to support CD and range of Vet experience and skills. We have 7 Vets plus yourself;
· One with 30’years’ experience, and a strong interest in surgery and mentorship.
· One 8 years’ experience doing certificate in Orthopaedics
· One 5 years’ experience doing advance certificate
· Two with interest and focus on internal medicine
· One doing her second year postgrad and amazingly flying through it
· A new grad starting in December who will allow for further growth
We have a highly professional nursing team with 6 RVN’s, 3 x SVN’s and 3 VCA’s running like clockwork and holding nurse clinics through the day. You will be supported by a fantastic management team composed of a Practice Manager, Head Nurse and Reception manager. The team runs on a very friendly yet professional manner and everybody knows what they have to do but also the same time are used to constantly look for areas of improvement and change. From a financial point of view the practice is running as a very healthy business but with tremendous potential for further growth.
Managerial experience preferred to support and guide full range of staff from new graduates to very experienced Vets. Practice performs well financially and has scope for further development.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
• Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
• CPD paid days and allowance
• L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Company bonus scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• BVA Membership paid
• VDS cover
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Service-related company sick pay
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH4232 when applying for this role.
To submit your application click the apply button.