We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our successful hub practice in East Yorkshire, Swanbridge Veterinary Group, working within the Swanland region covering local branches and our state of the art tier 3 veterinary hospital. It offers great flexibility and gives an excellent opportunity to be part of a close knit network of friendly, supportive and talented vets, nurses and support staff.
This role covers 40 hours a week over 4 days and 1:6 weekends, providing great work-life balance. Part-time applicants will also be considered.
This position would suit an enterprising veterinary surgeon who enjoys delivering a high level of patient and client care. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is keen to move into the next stage in their career, with excellent long term prospects for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1 years' UK small animal experience (or UK equivalent) and will have a client orientated approach with excellent communication skills. You will be supported and encouraged to work to high medical and surgical standards.
In return, we will provide strong mentorship and support to help you develop your career and get the most satisfaction from your job. You will be involved in cases using state-of-the-art technologies such as ultrasound, a digital x ray system, endoscopy, and CT. Experience working in an environment where colleagues support you by sharing skills and knowledge to give our patients the best outcomes. Further career development, including certificate study is encouraged and supported.
Salary package up to £55,269 per annum, to include:
- Basic salary up to £45,000 per annum.
- Accommodation allowance £5,400 per annum.
- Vehicle or £2,500 vehicle allowance per annum.
- £1,500 CPD allowance with 3 days CPD leave per annum
- VDS, RCVS, BVA fees paid.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays per annum.
- 4 day week plus 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekend.
- Pension scheme.
- Paid sabbatical after five years’ service.
- Annual pay reviews.
- We reward colleagues with additional paid leave for exceptional attendance..
- Colleague Purchase scheme.
- Enhanced maternity pay: 13 weeks full pay, 13 weeks half pay followed by 13 remaining weeks at statutory pay.
- Enhanced paternity: 2 weeks full pay. Shared parental and adoption pay.
- Hapibenefits – Receive a range of discounts on your shopping, entertainment and family days out.
Swanbridge Group has recently joined Medivet and it is an exciting time to join us - we encourage growth and development within our roles. We are truly committed to help our Medivet family members achieve their goals and as a company we strive to provide exceptional care.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
Our Swanbridge group has a busy 3 Tier Hospital complete with seven branch surgeries. This role will be based in the area and will work in some of the local practices alongside experienced vets as well as time in our hospital.