We are looking for an enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon to join our lovely team at Victoria Vets in Merthyr Tydfill. Full time and part time applications will be considered. We offer a 4 day week (full time) with 1 in 6 Saturday mornings and no out of hours.
We are a 100% small animal practice, situated in South Wales with easy access to both Cardiff and the Brecon Beacons. We are a friendly team, with facilities such as ultrasound (with cardiac Doppler), digital x-ray, flexible and rigid endoscopes, in house lab, visiting orthopaedic surgeon and dermatologist. We have lovely spacious consulting rooms where case discussion actively encouraged. Our friendly and supportive team awaits!
The successful applicant will be qualified and registered with the RCVS. We are looking for someone who is patient, positive and organised. A supportive team player with a high standard of patient care, you will also have a client focused approach. You should have great communication skills and be passionate about promoting and building the practice.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
- 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service based holiday entitlement increases
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Company sick pay
- Employee opinion survey
- Free uniform in a number of roles
- Annual pay reviews
- Social events
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To submit your application, click the apply button.