We have an exciting vacancy for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to come and join our team here at Kirks Vets, Sleaford. This is a varied part-time role, supporting our vets and other nurses in the day to day running of the practice. Duties will include theatre work, medical cases and nurse led clinics.
• Salary £18,000 - £22,000 DOE
• Monday – Friday, working 8-hour days (shifts between 7:30am – 8:00pm)
• Weekends on rota (currently 1:8)
• No OOH
Situated in the market town of Sleaford, Kirks Vets is a long-established but highly progressive, modern practice. We are also an ISFM cat friendly practice.
We are a very happy band of 7 Vets, 10 RVNs, VCAs and a wonderful reception team. We see referral cardiology cases and have staff members with keen interests in surgery to certificate level, schedule 3 nursing procedures, dentistry, critical care, wildlife and exotics. We support various charities and are aiming to be as eco-friendly as possible.
The successful candidate will be an RCVS Registered Veterinary Nurse with previous experience, ideally gained in a similar small animal practice setting. We are looking for someone who is forward thinking, confident and who will also integrate well into our team. Client care is very important to us and being customer focused is vital. Clinical coaching skills are desirable but not essential.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
• 4 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 3 days paid CPD leave
• £550 CPD allowance per annum
• RCVS Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please click the apply button.
When applying for this role please quote job reference BH3329.