A rare opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team here at Church Walk Veterinary Centre, a two centre small animal practice based in the small market town of Ulverston, with a busy branch in Barrow in Furness on a full or part-time basis. We pride ourselves on first class clinical and client services. You will be supported by a fantastic team of RVN's, Head Nurse, Lead Vet and Practice Manager.
The charming, bustling, Market Town of Ulverston is famous as the birthplace of Stan Laurel, and is known as the “Festival Town”. The town has a cobbled Market Square many specialist shops and several restaurants and pubs. The stunning Lake District National Park is only a 20 minute drive away, with unlimited options for hiking, cycling, climbing etc. making this a haven for outdoor enthusiasts! Junction 36 of the M6 can be reached within 30 minutes, giving easy access to visit Scotland and other parts of England.
We are looking for a passionate individual, with 1-2 years' post qualification experience to join our Vet and nursing team who pride ourselves on clinical excellence. We will also consider a confident new or recent Graduate Vet. Full-time or part-time hours can be accommodated. You will be required to work a share of out of hours and weekends on a rota basis.
In return, we will offer you (pro rata):
- Attractive salary DOE and bonus
- RCVS and VDS fees covered
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption leave benefit of 10 weeks full and 10 weeks half pay
- Up to 7 weeks annual leave plus Bank Holidays (or equivalent) with our Buy/Sell holiday scheme - allowing you to purchase an additional two weeks of annual leave
- Receive an extra days leave each year in your first 5 years at CVS
- Relocation packages can be considered
- Visa sponsorship available
- Pension Scheme - auto enrolment and hassle free!
- Sharesave Scheme
- Generous CPD allowance/certificate funding
- Employee Assistance Programme - our people are our strongest asset
- Access to Mental Health and wellbeing champions, over 300 across CVS
- Discounted staff pet care plan
- Recommend a Friend scheme
- Perkbox, offering a variety of staff discounts for retail and entertainment venues across the country
- Other benefits include cycle to work scheme, reduced gym membership and more...
If you would like to have a confidential chat about this role please text/call Laura on 0788 037 4377 or if you feel this is the role for you, click Apply Now and upload your CV and covering letter