Village Vet are seeking a Head Veterinary Surgeon for a 1 year fixed term position to be based at our practice in St Johns Wood London.
Village Vet St John’s Wood has been an important part of this community for many years, looking after the area’s pets and their owners with empathy, exceptional clinical standards and compassion.
We have an amazing team of two permanent vets, registered veterinary nurses, a student nurse, a patient care assistant and a receptionist who have worked side by side for a long time to embody the practice values and look after pets as they would do their own.
The practice offers:
- Consultations for any condition
- Routine healthcare (vaccines, parasite prevention, neutering)
- Appointment for animals needing to travel
- A range of surgical procedures with a well-equipped operating theatre including multiparameter monitoring
- Day hospital services for pets that need to receive fluid therapy
- On-site laboratory facilities
- Digital x-ray services
- Dental services to include anything from scale and polish procedures to complex extractions. We have dental x-rays at the site to enable us to provide a gold standard service in this area
Our St John's Wood practice are seeking a Head Vet for a 1 year maternity/fixed term contract. They see a varied caseload and has a committed client base. They have a focus on being a fun place to work and take pride in looking after their staff as well as providing brilliant client and patient care.
The head vet will uphold excellent clinical standards and deliver exceptional client care. You will lead more junior members of the team and work closely with the team to optimise the practices' performance in providing caring and empathetic gold standard service to an established client base. The practice is very friendly and sees a very varied caseload. You will be responsible for working to improve the running of the practice where possible for the benefit of clients, staff and the business. This is a unique opportunity to put some of your own ideas into a practice and to work in a wonderful area of London!
Head Veterinary Surgeon.
We will consider Veterinary Surgeons with a variety of experiences.
- Highly competitive salary
- 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- Certifications encouraged and funding available.
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS Membership
- CPD allowance with 5 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Additional CPD for Clinical Coaches
- Village Vet Bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
To submit your application click the apply button.