We are recruiting for a day time Veterinary Surgeon to join the amazing team in our 24 hour Hospital at Alfreton.
The hospital is close to the Peak District and is the main Hub for the Nottingham region Medivet Practices. The team is led by the two Branch Partners and includes certificate holders in surgery and cardiology, plus vets studying for medicine, surgery, ECC and ophthalmology.
This role is a full or part-time role working 4 days per week plus 1 in 3 Saturdays or 1 in 6 full weekends and a shared on-call rota.
Salary and benefits
- Salary package up to £60,000 PA.
- CPD allowance of £1,500 plus 3 days CPD leave PA.
- Accommodation allowance of £6600 PA.
- Company vehicle or vehicle allowance of £2500 PA.
- RCVS, VDS, BVA fees paid.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Certificate opportunities paid for.
- In-house CPD.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays per annum.
- 4 weeks sabbatical for every 5-year service.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance programme.
- Long service awards.
- Hapibenefits - access to retail, entertainment and travel discounts.
- 'Pet-ernity' - A day off to welcome a new pet into your family.
As qualified MRCVS, you’ll already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You’ll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively, building trusting relationships with your colleagues and clients.
Further education and development of colleagues is actively encouraged and a certificate can be supported for the successful candidate.
You must be a Veterinary Surgeon registered with the RCVS.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK. With current Covid19 regulations we will offer relocation and quarantine support entering the UK.