An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced veterinary surgeon to join the talented team at Swanbridge Veterinary Group, in our tier 3 RCVS accredited hospital.
Ideally we are looking for a candidate to have a certificate in diagnostic imaging or surgery and be looking to develop their clinical skills, client base and reputation in our busy first opinion practice. Having recently joined Medivet this is a very exciting time to come and join us!
You will be confident working sole charge with the ability to make sound clinical judgement, however you will have the support of 7 other practices in the region. In return we will provide an excellent career progression and work life balance, fantastic packages and the chance to be involved in cases using state-of-the-art technology. We provide all of this whilst you continue to develop your career and get the most job satisfaction.
This is a permanent, full-time role working 39 hours a week and 1 in 6 weekends. 4 day week available.
Salary package up to £70,269 per annum dependent on experience, including:
- Basic salary up to £60,000, per annum depending on experience
- Accommodation allowance £5,400 per annum
- Vehicle or £2,500 vehicle allowance
- £1,500 CPD allowance with 3 days’ CPD leave and in-house CPD training
- VDS, RCVS and BVA fees paid
- 4 day working week plus 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Fantastic career progression and partnership opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Paid sabbatical after five years' service
- We reward colleagues with additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
- Colleague Purchase scheme
- Enhanced maternity pay: 13 weeks full pay, 13 weeks half pay followed by 13 remaining weeks at statutory pay.
- Enhanced paternity: 2 weeks full pay. Shared parental and adoption pay.
- Hapibenefits – Receive a range of discounts on your shopping, entertainment and family days out.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years' UK small animal practice (or UK equivalent) experience. You must have a client-oriented approach and excellent communication skills, work to a very high standard both medically and surgically and have the drive and ambition to help develop this practice further.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
Swanbridge Group has recently joined Medivet and it is an exciting time to join us - we encourage growth and development within our roles. We are truly committed to help our Medivet family members achieve their goals and as a company we strive to provide exceptional care.
Skills and experience:
You must be a Veterinary Surgeon who is registered with the RCVS.
Ideally, you will have 3-5 years' UK (or equivalent) veterinary experience and a keen interest in surgery or diagnostic imaging.
Our Swanbridge group has a busy 3 Tier Hospital complete with seven branch surgeries.
This role is based at the main hospital working alongside our certificate holders in surgery, diagnostic imaging and exotic species plus our other experienced vets, nurses and managers. We take pride in our collaborative approach and team culture. We have an extremely loyal clients base and we are active in the local community.
You will be working within beautiful, well-equipped practices and have access to modern facilities including digital X-ray, Doppler ultrasound, hydrotherapy suite, endoscopy and a CT diagnostic suite at our Hospital.