An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced vet to join the Swanbridge Veterinary Group, working as a Lead Vet within the Market Weighton branch which is closely linked to the RCVS accredited hospital.
This is an opportunity for someone wishing to take ownership, really make a practice their own and drive towards making it the heart of the community. Having recently joined Medivet this is a very exciting time to come and join us!
You will be confident working sole charge with the ability to make sound clinical judgement, however you will have the support of 7 other practices in the region. In return we will provide an excellent career progression and work life balance, fantastic packages and the chance to be involved in cases using state-of-the-art technology. We provide all of this whilst you continue to develop your career and get the most job satisfaction. You will have the chance to make this practice the true heart of the community, not just in location but also in spirit!
This is a permanent, full-time role working 39 hours a week over 4 days and 1 in 6 weekends.
Salary package up to £65,269 per annum dependent on experience, including:
- Basic salary up to £55,000.
- Accommodation allowance £5,400.
- Vehicle or £2,500 vehicle allowance.
- £1,500 CPD allowance with 3 days’ CPD leave and in-house CPD training.
- VDS, RCVS and BVA fees paid.
- 4 day working week plus 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Fantastic career progression and partnership opportunities.
- Pension scheme.
- Paid sabbatical after five years' service.
- We reward colleagues with additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
- Colleague Purchase scheme.
- Enhanced maternity pay: 13 weeks full pay, 13 weeks half pay followed by 13 remaining weeks at statutory pay.
- Enhanced paternity: 2 weeks full pay. Shared parental and adoption pay.
- Hapibenefits – Receive a range of discounts on your shopping, entertainment and family days out.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years' UK small animal practice (or UK equivalent) experience. You must have a client-oriented approach and excellent communication skills, work to a very high standard both medically and surgically and have the drive and ambition to help develop this practice further.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
The Swanbridge Group has a busy 3 Tier Hospital complete with seven branch surgeries, we have an extremely loyal clients base and we are active in the local community.
You will be working within beautiful, well-equipped practices and have access to modern facilities including digital X-ray, Doppler ultrasound, endoscopy and a CT diagnostic suite at our Hospital.
This role is based in one of the branch practices, we're looking for someone who will help drive and develop the practice and team while being fully supported along the way by our certificate holders in surgery, imaging and exotics plus our other experienced vets, nurses and managers. We take pride in our collaborative approach and our team is keen to support those looking to develop themselves further, including studying towards certificates themselves.