Role: Registered Veterinary Nurse (surgical or medical bias)
Location: Barnet, North London
Hours: Permanent, 40 hours a week, 4 - day week, 1 in 4 weekends, night shifts every 8-10 weeks
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience. £25-30k per annum
VetFinders are recruiting for our client in Barnet for a Registered Veterinary Nurse, with immediate effect. This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified RVN looking to grow their career within a successful and well-respected practice and hospital group.
Benefits of working for this successful and well-respected practice are:
- Competitive salary
- VDS paid
- £550 CPD budget, certificates encouraged
- 4 weeks paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Birthday leave
We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse who holds the same values as the team.
The ideal candidate will have hospital experience however this is not essential. Be an active Clinical coach or be willing to complete clinical coach training is a must. The ideal candidate should want to use their nursing skills to their full potential and are keen to develop their knowledge and skills.
This role is being offered on a permanent basis at 40 hours per week, with weekends on rota, currently 1 in 4 and 5 night shifts every 8 – 10 weeks.
A qualified RVN should promote good staff morale and positive culture, whilst leading by example, motivating the team towards the common goal of achieving excellence across clinical nursing standards.
- Ensuring high standards of nursing care in accordance with the RCVS guide to veterinary nursing.
- Excelling at high quality veterinary service and communication at all times, whether within the clinic or communicated externally via marketing and social media.
- Ensuring good preventative healthcare knowledge and veterinary understanding to be able to advise clients accordingly and recognise and act on pet emergency situations.
- Ensuring your service level in the reception and waiting area excels at first impressions to foster excellent client relations, interaction and engagement.
- Performing surgical, radiographic, dental, laboratory, pharmacy, anaesthetic and in-patient care and procedures under the direction of the Clinical Director or a veterinary surgeon.
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the UK
- Excellent communication skills
- Be a team player
About the practice:
This practice has been established in the local area for over a century and is very well known and respected within the community. It has been a long-standing practice with many successes and accolades, including the hospital being one of the first to become a recognised Veterinary Hospital in the UK.
Our client is a fast paced, forward thinking, established team with an excellent reputation. It focuses on development and boosts excellent facilities and a great team environment.
Great local amenities and transport links; central London is less than 30 minutes away via the tube!
To apply for this vacancy or request more information please send your CV to Lucy in application.
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VetFinders – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regards to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions please contact us first, just let us know the job reference, Thanks and Good luck, VetFinders.