An exciting opportunity has come up to join Alcombe Vets as a Veterinary Surgeon! You will be expected to work Monday-Wednesday 8:30am-19:30pm (negotiable) with a Tuesday off when Saturday work is required - Saturday work will be sole charge. No out of hours work. Salary range £35,000 (for 30 hours) - £45,000 (FTE).
We are a first opinion only small animal practice with two consulting rooms, digital x-ray, US scan, large endoscope and when needed we hire a smaller size operating theatre. Our surgery is next to the Piccadilly line, we are on a street with several cafes and a lovely park perfect for summer lunch or a walk outside the practice.
About the Team and Culture
We have two Vets, two excellent Registered Veterinary Nurses, two training nurses and we welcome nurse students and vet students for their EMS. Our clinical director is also a certificate holder, Giulia MRCVS is currently studying to achieve the certification of advanced practitioner. On top of this we have an orthopaedic vet with a certificate in advanced veterinary practice who works alongside us regularly to provide his services. We value our good relationships with our clients and need positive and friendly candidate to fit in with our team. We support any charity initiative and we often receive pets from Cats protection and other local charities.
We are looking for Member of Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, ideally with 2 years’ experience. You will be confident with routine operations or only consults.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please apply now!