An opportunity not to be missed at The Vet Centre Maids Moreton! This is rare chance to further your career as a Veterinary Surgeon in a practice that has a forward-looking approach whilst maintaining the traditional values of animal care and client trust.
40 hours a week over 4.5 days with a 1 in 4 Saturday morning. We do our own overnight hospitalisation of any ongoing cases as required, alongside an experienced RVN.
We are a practice with an excellent reputation for providing high quality care whilst still enjoying what we do. We provide a friendly, supportive environment for our staff with a varied caseload alongside the capacity to advance and enhance your skills enabling us to get the most out of being in general practice. We have got the brains, the training, and the kit: we like to use them.
The main surgery at Maids Moreton (near Buckingham) is equipped with full diagnostic, laboratory, surgical and hospitalisation facilities. This enables us to have the satisfaction of investigating and treating our patients to a high clinical standard whilst referring to specialists when appropriate. We perform our own cardiac scans, endoscopy (rhinoscopy & otoscopy all the way through to colonoscopy), laparoscopy (90%+ of spays are “keyhole”), fracture repair and stifle TTA’s; and improve the quality of our surgical procedures and outcomes with bipolar diathermy, harmonic scalpels and “Enseal” equipment. Dental x-rays are available at both sites with air-driven equipment, sharp instruments and “Vet-tome” to make “dentals” a pleasure rather than a chore.
About the Team and Culture
The Vet Centre is a “market-town” small animal vet practice with a staff of 6 Veterinary Surgeons 5 FTE, 6 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 1 Student Veterinary Nurse and a Veterinary Care Assistant providing top class veterinary care at our main site at Maids Moreton and branch at Cherry Lane. We are a long-standing mostly home-grown team with a progressive and welcoming attitude. Buckingham is within a grammar school catchment area.
We are looking for a capable, charismatic, and highly motivated Veterinary Surgeon.
• Ability to work sole charge
• Good clinical, inter-personal and communication skills
• Capable of handling more complicated consultations and cases
• Competent surgical skills (e.g. Caesarean section, pyometra)
• The desire and ability to improve and progress your skills further in general first opinion practice - it doesn’t have to be mundane and can be fun, rewarding and very fulfilling!
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
· Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
· CPD paid days and allowance
· L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
· Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
· Private Medical Insurance
· BVA Membership paid
· VDS cover
· Birthday leave
· Discounted veterinary fees
· Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
· Cycle to Work scheme
· Service-related company sick pay
· Sponsorship for overseas employees
· Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
· Relocation packages
· Career progression opportunities
· Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH4310 when applying for this role.
To submit your application click the apply button.