We are looking for an assistant vet to join our lovely team at Balderton, near Newark, a busy market town in Nottinghamshire.
Balderton has ISFM Cat Friendly Clinic Silver status and is a well-equipped clinic, benefitting from an endoscope and ultrasound machine.
Applicants will be supported by an experienced team and as a qualified MRCVS, you’ll already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You’ll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively, building trusting relationships with your colleagues and clients.
This role is full time working 4 days per week plus 1 in 3 Saturdays or 1 in 6 full weekends.
Full and part-time applicants will be considered.
Salary dependent on experience. Competitive and negotiable.
- CPD allowance of £1,500 plus 3 days CPD leave per annum
- RCVS, VDS, BVA fees paid.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Certificate opportunities paid for by us.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays per annum.
- 4 weeks sabbatical for every 5-year service.
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance programme.
- Long service awards.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK. With current Covid19 regulations we will offer relocation and quarantine support entering the UK.