Our super Hyde team are looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join them for 40 hours per week, with the hours split across 4 week days and a share of 1:4 Saturday mornings and no out of hours. Duties include providing high quality, clinical care to all pets and offering outstanding client experience to help create and maintain our efficient clinic. You will have a mixture of surgery and consults each day, with minimal sole charge. The right candidate will be happy with most aspects of general surgery, dentals and dental x-rays. Salary range £38,000 - £50,000 dependent on experience.
Situated on the doorstep of the Peak District and only 30 minutes from Manchester, White Cross Vets Hyde is a purpose-built practice with 4 consulting rooms and separate cat and dog wards. The practice is fully equipped with all the latest technology including an operating theatre, digital x-ray including dental x-ray, in-house IDEXX laboratory, blood pressure monitors and ultrasound. Our Clinic Director, Mike, has PgC in Small Animal Medicine.
Check out the practice and meet the team here; https://www.whitecrossvets.co.uk/our-surgeries/hyde/
About the Team and Culture
We currently have a team of 4 vets, 6 nurses, 1 SVN, a VCA and two front of house support staff. The team at Hyde are keen on staff wellbeing and welfare with monthly Wellbeing Days and weekly team meetings. We are an ISFM Silver awarded clinic. We run a range of nurse led clinics including Anneliese who runs a popular free weight clinic which have had proven results for her patients. We provide free treatment to local school and nursery pets, support local charities and take part in dog shows in the local area. We like to hold in house CPD as much as we can and get speakers into the practice to give us updates on new products.
We are looking for a highly motivated veterinary surgeon who can thrive in our high-quality practice. Confident and professional, you will be able to work with sole charge. You will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility and growth, fitting seamlessly alongside our friendly practice team as you work together to provide a quality experience for pet owner and pets alike.
• Experience in UK / Small Animal practice
• RCVS registered
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
• Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
Further team member benefits enjoyed include
· 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
· Increasing holiday based on length of service
· Extra day of holiday on your birthday
· 5 days paid CPD leave
· £1500 CPD Allowance per annum
· Private health insurance and a health cash plan
· Up to four days PETernity leave
· Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
· VDS Membership paid
· BVA Membership paid
· Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
· Contribution towards purchasing a Fitbit and weekly leader board challenges
· Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
· Practice social events
· Opportunity for career development
· L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
· Cycle to Work scheme
· Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/share parental and surrogacy pay
· Paid bereavement leave
· Service related company sick pay
· Social events
· Focus on employee wellbeing
· Relocation packages
· Career progression opportunities
· Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH4300 when applying for this role.
To submit your application click the apply button.