Small but perfectly formed, our Enfield branch has been caring for pets and their owners in the local community for nearly 40 years. It has a welcoming and friendly atmosphere, a dedicated, longstanding team and loyal clients. Ashleigh our lovely vet is staying with us, but heading West to head up our Harrow clinic, so we’re on the hunt for a vet who would like a surgery on which to make their mark! Great transport links into Liverpool St Station in just 22 minutes!
The role is a 4 -day week with alternate Saturdays. There is no night work or on call. To provide a mix between branch and hospital work we would like you to join the Sunday Rota (only 1:8) at our RCVS accredited first opinion and referral hospital in Wanstead; The role is sole charge but is fully supported by the hospital and we use an animal ambulance service to transport critical cases. We have excellent support staff; our lovely experienced RVNs Jennifer and Ciara. We are very proud of our great local reputation, please have a look at our lovely reviews on Google and Vet Help Direct to see why!
Our ideal candidate is a confident veterinary surgeon with great people skills and at least two years’ experience. The salary is competitive, is dependent on experience and has the potential to increase with growth of the practice. Our CPD allowance is £2000 with 5 days paid CPD per year. We see CPD as an investment in the individual as well as for the practice and is keen to support study for certificate qualifications.
We have a great benefits package including:
- Increasing holiday allowance (after working with us for 4 years you’ll have 6 weeks holiday plus bank holidays).
- BUPA private health insurance.
- Simply Health which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme.
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Great colleague pet discount scheme.
- Membership Scheme Allowance up to £350 per annum.
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £1500.
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. We are now the largest family-run veterinary group in the UK and have 44 clinics, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- ‘I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!’ Current Employee-Nov 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve worked for the company for 5 years and they are great at supporting career progression. The standards of practice are very high, and the caseload is great.’ Current Employee – March 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve enjoyed working for Goddards for 6 years and am sad to leave due to relocation. I liked working with the supportive team, lovely clients, interesting and varied case load. Management were accommodating with my flexible working request. Good back up to the branches from 24-hour hospital, so I never felt isolated knowing that friendly help and advice was only a phone -call or email away. Excellent CPD and benefits package. Former Employee -Nov 2020. * Credit Indeed.
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we've run Town Hall meeting throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we're making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters. We are forward thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat to our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments and we are continually reviewing our clinics equipment needs. As an A1 Home Office approved sponsor, we are sometimes able to help non -UK veterinary surgeons obtain a working visa.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a forward business, please call Vic Short for an informal chat or apply now.