We are seeking a Veterinary Surgeon to join our lovely team at Medivet Stamford Hill.
The successful candidate will be working with our Lead Vet, Maria and fantastic nursing team made up of our Head Nurse and two Patient Care Assistants.
This role could suit a medic or a surgical bias and the practice has plenty of potential to develop. It is a busy clinic with 60-70% patients being cats. We have plenty of routine surgeries, and are always fully booked!
We work to a 4-day week with 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends (39.37 hrs)
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1-2 years’ UK small animal practice (or UK equivalent) experience and be confident in their recommendations, competent in spays and castrates.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Vehicle or £2500 allowance
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- £1500 CPD allowance with 3-days CPD leave
- RCVS, VDS and BVA membership fees paid
- Improved Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Paid sabbatical after every five years’ service
- Exclusive discounts and reward scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- 100% Attendance Scheme and ‘Peternity’ Leave
Stamford Hill is a friendly practice based in North London, right next to Stoke Newington Overground Station. It is equipped with ultrasound, x-rays and blood machine in-house.
It feeds into our 24-Hour Hospital in Kensington for all out of hour care, and we have a ambulance service within the region to hospitalise patients.