We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. The role will be a mixture of consults and ops. A full time position is 4 days per week 10 hour shifts. This can be flexible and part time applications will also be considered. 1 week night in 2 weeks on call until 23:00. 1 in 10 full weekends including on call and also 1 in 10 Saturday morning consults. You will also be required to work at our Bonnyrigg branch 1 day a week.
We are a small animal practice with 3 surgeries located in East and Mid Lothian. We are ideally situated with access to amazing beaches and spectacular coastline, the rambling hills of Midlothian and the close to the stunning city of Edinburgh.
We are a 14 Vet practice, with 9 RVNs and excellent support staff. We have an orthopaedic certificate holder and two GP certificate holders, and we are also a nurse training practice. We are well equipped with digital x-ray, ultrasound, endoscope, full laparoscopic surgical equipment, dental/dental x-ray.
The successful applicant will be qualified and registered with the RCVS. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, positive and organised with good communication skills. You will be a supportive team player with a high standard of patient care, you will also have a client focused approach. Must have experience in small animal and be confident in sole charge.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
• Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
• CPD paid days and allowance
• L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• BVA Membership paid
• VDS cover
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Service related company sick pay
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please use BH4192 as a reference when applying for this role.
To submit your application click the apply button.