We are looking for a full time or part time Emergency and Critical Care Veterinary Surgeon to join us 3-4 days per week with 1 in 4 weekends. No nights. The role includes consultations for emergency cases, admitting referral cases, managing critical patients, some medical work ups and basic urgent surgeries. You will be working alongside an experienced referral team, offering services in orthopaedics, spinal surgery, soft tissue surgery, internal medicine, neurology and cardiology.
Our centre is a very busy referral hospital based in Northumberland. Well equipped with four theatres, one with fluoroscopy, a 160 slice CT with power injector and automated bolus tracking, DR, multiple ultrasound machines, video flexible and ridged endoscopy/laparoscopy/thoracoscopy/arthroscopy and a 1.5T MRI which covers us for most eventualities.
We have over 95 members within our centre; there are 21 vets, with majority as certificate holders, along with internal medicine and neurology specialists and one resident. In addition we have 25 RVN's, 3 Advanced Diploma holders and over 12 students. Assisting that team is the ever growing Animal care members.
We are looking for a candidate with post graduate experience and a keen interest in Emergency and critical care. Certificate holder would be advantageous but not essential.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
· Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
· CPD paid days and allowance
· L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
· Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
· Private Medical Insurance
· BVA Membership paid
· VDS cover
· Birthday leave
· Discounted veterinary fees
· Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
· Cycle to Work scheme
· Service related company sick pay
· Sponsorship for overseas employees
· Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
· Relocation packages
· Career progression opportunities
· Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To submit your application click the apply button.