We are looking for a dedicated Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. The position is full time (40 hours) over 4 days plus 3 Saturday mornings in 10. Part time applications will also be considered. No OOH and our inpatients are well cared for at night and weekends by Vets Now, as we are the host practice for the local emergency service. Our phones are transferred at 6.30pm on weekdays and midday on Saturday, there is no Sunday working. Salary range £30,000 - £45,000 depending on experience.
Duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- To oversee admission of surgical cases for the day
- To perform surgical operations and Investigative procedures
- To perform inpatient procedures including surgery, radiography and diagnostic tests
- To carry out house visits as appropriate
- To make use of internal or external referral services as appropriate and seek the advice or assistance of colleagues when needed
- To co-ordinate referral of cases where appropriate
- To consult with clients where appropriate to ensure continuity of care and ensuring follow up appointments are scheduled
- To ensure accurate client records are kept up to date in a timely manner
- To ensure that there has been effective communication with clients regarding hospitalised patients and reporting of laboratory results
- To provide pricing and estimates to clients for services and products offered
- To maintain a working knowledge of new drugs, products and services as they become available and share knowledge with colleagues as appropriate
- To maintain a working knowledge and adhere to Practice protocols
We are a small animal practice on the Suffolk/Essex border. We offer a good work/life balance in a lovely part of the world, with our branch surgery in Dedham Vale and with easy access to London, Cambridge and the Suffolk coast.
We greatly value our team ethos, and there is always advice and help available with challenging cases from our clinicians, who have experience and skillsets covering most areas. We encourage case continuity as we recognize how rewarding the development of the client/pet/vet bond can be.
We work in a purpose built modern and spacious premises with a separate, dedicated cat waiting area and consulting room. Class IV laser, echocardiography, digital x ray, tonometry (and a coffee machine!) Our passionate team is made up of 11 veterinary surgeons, a strong vet nurse team and an experienced client care team.
The successful applicant will ideally have experience and be registered with the RCVS. We are looking for someone enthusiastic, positive and organised with great communication skills. A supportive team player with a high standard of patient care, you will also have a client focused approach.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
• Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
• CPD paid days and allowance
• L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• BVA Membership paid
• VDS cover
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Service related company sick pay
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please use BH4155 as a reference when applying for this role.
To submit your application click the apply button.